Interval longer then 3 seconds lead to movement of piezo stage

Interval longer then 3 seconds lead to movement of piezo stage

thomasretzer

Hi Everyone,

When we use the multi-d acquisition and set the interval time higher then 3 seconds while having the exposure time of the laser set to something around 200 ms per laser, we have the problem that our stage moves. So the piezo stage moves stepwise down and the images goes out of focus. I am using micromanager 2 and I also tried MicroManger 2 gamma from 11-Feb-2020 and I could reproduce the error.

Is there something activated when I set the exposure higher then a certain threshold? Is there a workaround?

Thank you in advance.

Thomas

Re: Interval longer then 3 seconds lead to movement of piezo stage

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Thomas,

> When we use the multi-d acquisition and set the interval time higher then 3 seconds while having the exposure time of the laser set to something around 200 ms per laser, we have the problem that our stage moves. So the piezo stage moves stepwise down and the images goes out of focus. I am using micromanager 2 and I also tried MicroManger 2 gamma from 11-Feb-2020 and I could reproduce the error.

That sounds very strange, and I can not imagine the software actually
sending a command to move your piezo stage.  You can check the logs
yourself (easiest way is to "Report a Problem").

> Is there something activated when I set the exposure higher then a certain threshold? Is there a workaround?

Hard to wrap my head around this.  Are you saying that when you use
shorter than 200 ms exposures (with the same interval), you do not see
the focus change?  Are you using more than one laser?  If things are
like I think you are saying, the only thing that comes to my mind is
that you are heating up the sample enough to cause it to change focus.