LSM 510 with Axioplan 2

Inga Koneczny
Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to use a Zeiss LSM 510 + Axioplan 2 with the micromanager software?
I found that Axioplan 2 apparently can be addressed by this adapter (https://micro-manager.org/wiki/ZeissCAN), but when I look for Zeiss LSM 510 it looks quite bad (http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/LSM510-to-micromanager-td7580216.html).
Is it sufficient if Axioplan 2 can be addressed? The computer and the original software have stopped working (repair cost are very high) so we were wondering if the micromanager was an alternative. I would appreciate any help since I know very little about confocal microscopy or programming.

thank you in advance for any comment!
Best wishes,
Inga

Inga Koneczny, DPhil