LUDL MAC5000 and encoder in the motor, how to get higher position repeatability?

LUDL MAC5000 and encoder in the motor, how to get higher position repeatability?

Micro-Manager mailing list

Hi Nico,

I am using Micro-Manager 1.4.22 to control a Zeiss Axiovert 200M which equipped a Ludl MAC 5000 XY stage as a traction force microscope. I need a better position repeatability. I contacted Ludl support and they suggested that the system can get the repeatability I want but the software needs to use the encoder in the stage with Servo mode on, with additional high resolution encoder setting (by changing the setting on the control board). But Micro-manager does not response to any change in the encoder resolution setting which I believe that the software only counts motor steps without any feedback from encoders. Do you have any idea whether it can be modified to get a better position repeatability? Thanks.

Regards,

Junqi Ding