Lambda 10-b Sutter error Cannot set property "State"

Lambda 10-b Sutter error Cannot set property "State"

Amit Cherian
Hi,

We have a Labda 10-B filter wheel controller.
Connected to PC via USb, Baud rate used is 128000.
Working on a shift speed of 3
Works well with ANDOR iQ

When trying to use with micromanager, the following error comes

Cannot set property "State" to "2" [ Error in device "Wheel-B": Set position
failed. (10005) ]

Any thoughts?
I did see, other posts on this topic, but no answer.

I've attached problem report.

Problem_Report.txt
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396861/Problem_Report.txt>

Please help.
Thanks in advance

Re: Lambda 10-b Sutter error Cannot set property "State"

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Amit,

On 2/13/2018 10:43 PM, Amit Cherian wrote:
> We have a Labda 10-B filter wheel controller.
> Connected to PC via USb, Baud rate used is 128000.
> Working on a shift speed of 3
> Works well with ANDOR iQ
>
> When trying to use with micromanager, the following error comes
>
> Cannot set property "State" to "2" [ Error in device "Wheel-B": Set position
> failed. (10005) ]

Your logs show that Micro-Manager does not get a response from the
Sutter controller before the timeout of 500ms that you set for the
serial port expired.  I forgot how the Sutter controller works, but it
could be that it only responds after moving the filter wheel.  If that
is the case, you could try increasing the serial port timeout. It could,
of course, also be that you are not getting serial communication with
the Sutter controller at all (make sure that the controller is setup for
serial communication, that you have the right COM port, etc..).

Re: Lambda 10-b Sutter error Cannot set property "State"

Amit Cherian
This post was updated on .
Hello all,

Sutter Instruments' solution to this, is to physically change the Baud rate
setting on the unit itself, by going into the local mode <L>, press <F1>,
then <F2>, it then lists out the baud rates it can work with and we need to
select the baud rate we would like the device to run with.

For Andor iQ this need to be set at 9600
For Micromanager, 128000 (USB), 9600(Serial, RS-232)

Regards
Amit