Leica DMI6000B SidePort/BottomPort control

Leica DMI6000B SidePort/BottomPort control

Jungho Ohn
Hi,

I would like to access and control; sideport or bottomport turret changing. But, I cannot find the sideport/bottomport information from the hardware configuration list. How can I specify the label for the sideport and bottom port? These ports couldn't be readable by controller.

I'm using Win32. Here is my configuration file.

# Generated by Configurator on Wed Sep 09 15:12:49 PDT 2009

# Reset
Property,Core,Initialize,0

# Devices
Device,COM7,SerialManager,COM7
Device,Scope,LeicaDMI,Scope
Device,TL-Shutter,LeicaDMI,TL-Shutter
Device,IL-Shutter,LeicaDMI,IL-Shutter
Device,IL-Turret,LeicaDMI,IL-Turret
Device,ObjectiveTurret,LeicaDMI,ObjectiveTurret
Device,FocusDrive,LeicaDMI,FocusDrive
Device,XYStage,LeicaDMI,XYStage
Device,TL-FieldDiaphragm,LeicaDMI,TL-FieldDiaphragm
Device,TL-ApertureDiaphragm,LeicaDMI,TL-ApertureDiaphragm
Device,IL-FieldDiaphragm,LeicaDMI,IL-FieldDiaphragm
Device,IL-ApertureDiaphragm,LeicaDMI,IL-ApertureDiaphragm
Device,MagnificationChanger,LeicaDMI,MagnificationChanger
Device,Condensor,LeicaDMI,Condensor
Device,Transmitted Light,LeicaDMI,Transmitted Light

# Pre-init settings for devices
Property,Scope,AnswerTimeOut,250.0000
Property,Scope,Port,COM7

# Pre-init settings for COM ports
Property,COM7,AnswerTimeout,500.0000
Property,COM7,BaudRate,19200
Property,COM7,DelayBetweenCharsMs,0.0000
Property,COM7,Handshaking,Off
Property,COM7,Parity,None
Property,COM7,StopBits,1

# Initialize

# Delays

# Roles
Property,Core,Focus,FocusDrive

# Camera-synchronized devices

# Labels
# IL-Turret
Label,IL-Turret,5,6--
Label,IL-Turret,4,5--
Label,IL-Turret,3,4-EMP
Label,IL-Turret,2,3-TX2
Label,IL-Turret,1,2-GFP
Label,IL-Turret,0,1-YFP
# ObjectiveTurret
Label,ObjectiveTurret,5,6-0x 0na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,4,5-0x 0na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,3,4-20x 0.7na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,2,3-40x 0.6na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,1,2-20x 0.5na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,0,1-10x 0.3na
# Condensor
Label,Condensor,6,7--
Label,Condensor,5,6--
Label,Condensor,4,5--
Label,Condensor,3,4--
Label,Condensor,2,3--
Label,Condensor,1,2--
Label,Condensor,0,1-BF

Thank you very much,

--Jungho

Re: Leica DMI6000B SidePort/BottomPort control

Nico Stuurman-4
> I would like to access and control; sideport or bottomport turret
> changing. But, I cannot find the sideport/bottomport information
> from the hardware configuration list.

Correct.  the "motorized switching tube" has not been implemented in
the Leica DMI adapter since the scope that was used to develop and
test the code did not have one.  So, unless you want to program the
missing piece, it is currently not possible to programmatically switch
that prism, and you will need to use the buttons on the microscope (or
whatever else is available) to switch that component.