Leica DMI6000B contrasting method

Jungho Ohn
Hi,

I would like to report an error when I control the Leica DMI6000B microscope. We have contrasting method 'TL-BF', 'TL POL', 'FLUO'.
But, micro manager only can choose 'TL POL' and 'FLUO'.

If I set to TL BF manually using button, then micro manager can read current property 'TL BF'.
But, if current method is 'TL POL' or 'FLUO', then I can not find an option for 'TL BF'.

I read the previous posting with the same problem. But, I don't get the solution. We have Leica application suit program(firmware), and it can read TL-BF. Please let me know what the next step is.

Here is my config file and matlab code output searching property value.

------------------- Config file ---------------------------
# Reset
Property,Core,Initialize,0

# Devices
Device,COM7,SerialManager,COM7
Device,TL-Shutter,LeicaDMI,TL-Shutter
Device,IL-Shutter,LeicaDMI,IL-Shutter
Device,IL-Turret,LeicaDMI,IL-Turret
Device,ObjectiveTurret,LeicaDMI,ObjectiveTurret
Device,FocusDrive,LeicaDMI,FocusDrive
Device,XYStage,LeicaDMI,XYStage
Device,TL-FieldDiaphragm,LeicaDMI,TL-FieldDiaphragm
Device,TL-ApertureDiaphragm,LeicaDMI,TL-ApertureDiaphragm
Device,IL-FieldDiaphragm,LeicaDMI,IL-FieldDiaphragm
Device,IL-ApertureDiaphragm,LeicaDMI,IL-ApertureDiaphragm
Device,MagnificationChanger,LeicaDMI,MagnificationChanger
Device,Condensor,LeicaDMI,Condensor
Device,Transmitted Light,LeicaDMI,Transmitted Light
Device,Scope,LeicaDMI,Scope
Device,CAM,Hamamatsu,Hamamatsu_DCAM

# Pre-init settings for devices
Property,Scope,AnswerTimeOut,250.0000
Property,Scope,Port,COM7

# Pre-init settings for COM ports
Property,COM7,AnswerTimeout,500.0000
Property,COM7,BaudRate,19200
Property,COM7,DelayBetweenCharsMs,0.0000
Property,COM7,Handshaking,Off
Property,COM7,Parity,None
Property,COM7,StopBits,1

# Initialize
Property,Core,Initialize,1

# Delays

# Roles
Property,Core,Shutter,TL-Shutter
Property,Core,Focus,FocusDrive
Property,Core,AutoShutter,1
Property,Core,Camera,CAM

# Camera-synchronized devices
ImageSynchro,TL-Shutter
ImageSynchro,IL-Shutter
ImageSynchro,IL-Turret
ImageSynchro,ObjectiveTurret
ImageSynchro,FocusDrive
ImageSynchro,XYStage
ImageSynchro,TL-FieldDiaphragm
ImageSynchro,TL-ApertureDiaphragm
ImageSynchro,IL-FieldDiaphragm
ImageSynchro,IL-ApertureDiaphragm
ImageSynchro,MagnificationChanger
ImageSynchro,Condensor
ImageSynchro,Transmitted Light
ImageSynchro,Scope

# Labels
# IL-Turret
Label,IL-Turret,5,6--
Label,IL-Turret,4,5--
Label,IL-Turret,3,4-EMP
Label,IL-Turret,2,3-TX2
Label,IL-Turret,1,2-GFP
Label,IL-Turret,0,1-YFP
# ObjectiveTurret
Label,ObjectiveTurret,5,6-0x 0na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,4,5-0x 0na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,3,4-20x 0.7na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,2,3-40x 0.6na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,1,2-20x 0.5na
Label,ObjectiveTurret,0,1-10x 0.3na
# Condensor
Label,Condensor,6,7--
Label,Condensor,5,6--
Label,Condensor,4,5--
Label,Condensor,3,4--
Label,Condensor,2,3--
Label,Condensor,1,2--
Label,Condensor,0,1-BF

# Configuration presets
# Group: Channel

# Group: System
# Preset: Startup

# Group configurations
ConfigGroup,Camera,HiRes,CAM,Binning,1
ConfigGroup,Camera,HiRes,CAM,PixelType,16bit
ConfigGroup,Camera,MedRes,CAM,Binning,2
ConfigGroup,Camera,MedRes,CAM,PixelType,8bit

--------------------------- Matlab code for finding properties ---------------------------
Device = 'Scope';
disp([Device, ' properties']);
Prop = mmc.getDevicePropertyNames(Device);
for i = 1 : Prop.size()
    prop = Prop.get(i-1);
    val = mmc.getProperty(Device, prop);
    fprintf(['Name : ', char(prop), ',  value : ', char(val), ',']);
    values = mmc.getAllowedPropertyValues(Device, prop);
    fprintf('  possible values : ');
    if char(values.size()) == 0
        fprintf('inf.');
    else
        for j = 1 : values.size()
            Val = values.get(j-1);
            if j ~= values.size()
                fprintf([char(Val),', ']);
            else
                fprintf(char(Val));
            end
        end
    end
    fprintf('\n');
end

Re: Leica DMI6000B contrasting method

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
> I would like to report an error when I control the Leica DMI6000B
> microscope. We have contrasting method 'TL-BF', 'TL POL', 'FLUO'.
> But, micro manager only can choose 'TL POL' and 'FLUO'.
>
> If I set to TL BF manually using button, then micro manager can read
> current property 'TL BF'.
> But, if current method is 'TL POL' or 'FLUO', then I can not find an
> option for 'TL BF'.
>
> I read the previous posting with the same problem. But, I don't get
> the solution. We have Leica application suit program(firmware), and
> it can read TL-BF. Please let me know what the next step is.

These methods are actually obtained from your microscope stand
directly.  So, either there is a bug in that code or your stand says
it does not do bright field (which may, or may not be a stand
configuration problem).  Could you email me (off-list) your
Corelog.txt?  To obtain Corelog.txt, please first go to "Tools"-
 >"Options", click "Clear log file", and check "Debug log enabled",
then restart Micro-Manager.  Directly after starting up, find the file
Corelog.txt in the Micro-Manager directory and email it to me.

Re: Leica DMI6000B contrasting method

Nico Stuurman
> I would like to report an error when I control the Leica DMI6000B
> microscope. We have contrasting method 'TL-BF', 'TL POL', 'FLUO'.
> But, micro manager only can choose 'TL POL' and 'FLUO'.

This is now fixed and will work in Micro-Manager versions 1.3.41 and
greater.