Leica camera drivers for Linux

Tyler Smith
Hi,

I have just compiled micromanager, and am now trying to get it to talk to my Leica camera. This will require the Baumer adapter (https://micro-manager.org/wiki/BaumerOptronic). The Baumer documentation links to a .deb package of their SDK, and indicates that the driver is packaged as part of the SDK. However, they also indicate that their adapter is Windows-only, and I can't get the deb to install as it depends on an old library that is not available in Debian anymore.

Is this something that I can work around, or am I SOL for running a Leica camera from MicroManager?

Thanks,

Tyler

--
plantarum.ca

gphoto2 MM - installation problem

Christian Bayer
Dear Nico,

we have built MM 1.4 on Mac OS High Sierra, as I mentioned in a previous mail.
Now I am desperately trying to control my Nikon camera via gphoto2. From the command line using the gphoto2 CLI tool I am able to release the shutter, so it seems correctly installed.
What is missing is the gphoto2 item in the device list of MM’s configuration wizard. In the file system also there is no libmmgr_dal_GPhoto file and no libgphoto2 folder. (but it is installed using brew in /usr/lib/libgphoto2).

Did I miss a step in the build process that generates the required files ?

I followed the instructions on the MM home page, the camera was on, found by the device manager as PTP device, however there was no PTP process to be killed.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Christian

Re: gphoto2 MM - installation problem

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Christian,

On 3/15/18 7:33 AM, Christian Dr. Bayer wrote:
> we have built MM 1.4 on Mac OS High Sierra, as I mentioned in a previous mail.
> Now I am desperately trying to control my Nikon camera via gphoto2. From the command line using the gphoto2 CLI tool I am able to release the shutter, so it seems correctly installed.
> What is missing is the gphoto2 item in the device list of MM’s configuration wizard. In the file system also there is no libmmgr_dal_GPhoto file and no libgphoto2 folder. (but it is installed using brew in /usr/lib/libgphoto2).

Why do you want to build the GPhoto adapter yourself?  I remember that
to be a horrible experience that I would not want my friends to go
through.  Unless you want to make changes to the GPhoto adapter code
itself, you can simply copy the relevant binaries from the Micro-Manager
distribution.  If you really want to build it yourself, you will need to
provide all the necessary flags for freeimageplus and gphoto2.  In the
DeviceAdapters directory, run ./configure --help" to see all the
possible flags.  Make sure that configure find gphoto and that make
actually builds the library.  It may be a big pain to get all of that right.

Re: gphoto2 MM - installation problem

Christian Bayer
Hi Nico,
We „build“ the MicroManager 1.4 for Mac OS High Sierra and want now simply add gphoto2.
We followed the instructions and came across the problems mentioned below.
We can capture a picture via CLI - so gphoto2 is installed and working.
However, we want to capture the pictures directly from MM 1.4 (Mac OS High Sierra Installation) via gphoto2.
MM cant find gphoto2 in the hardware item list of MM‘s configuration wizard.
Any idea?
Best,
Christian

Gesendet mit der Telekom Mail App