Live Image display FPS

Mahesh Kakuturu
Hi Team,

I am having huge problem in my camera live image in ImageJ window through Micro-Manager.. When I observe the FPS label, I am getting more than 50 frames per second from my camera adapter but my display rate is only around 3 frames per second which makes it difficult to the user to observe our AFM tip movement under the microscope. Is there anything I need to change or set like any settings to improve the display rate. My current pixel size is 4096x3286.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Best Regards,
Mahesh Kakuturu

Re: Live Image display FPS

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Mahesh,

> I am having huge problem in my camera live image in ImageJ window
> through Micro-Manager.. When I observe the FPS label, I am getting
> more than 50 frames per second from my camera adapter but my display
> rate is only around 3 frames per second which makes it difficult to
> the user to observe our AFM tip movement under the microscope. Is
> there anything I need to change or set like any settings to improve
> the display rate. My current pixel size is 4096x3286.

That is a general issue, caused in large part by using ImageJ to draw
the images.  Speed is largely affected by size (your are huge!)  and use
of RGB (which slows down display considerably).  If you need to go fast,
try using monochrome images and bin as much as your hardware and
experiment allow.

Re: Live Image display FPS

Mahesh Kakuturu
Hi Nico,

Thanks for the prompt response and the information. I will check with gray scale image live.

Hi Mahesh,