LoadSLMSequence() and the Matlab API

JB Lugagne
Hi,

I am trying to pass a sequence of images to my SLM (a Polygon400 DMD) via
Matlab. The following (and multiple variants thereof) does not work:
mmc.loadSLMSequence(DMDname, mov(:));
with 'mov' a 3D Matlab array of uint8's

Note that the following works in Matlab:
mmc.setSLMimage(DMDname,img(:));
with 'img' a 2D Matlab array of uint8's

Anybody knows how to pass a sequence of images to the SLM in Matlab? I'm
using MM2.0 via Matlab 2018b on Win10.

Thank you,
Jean-Baptiste

Re: LoadSLMSequence() and the Matlab API

JB Lugagne
I have made some progress. By transforming my 3D matlab matrix into a java
ArrayList, I am able to use the LoadSLMSequence.

The following works (as in, doesn't produce an error):

javamov = java.util.ArrayList;
for f = 1:100
    frame = mov(:,:,f);
    javamov.add(frame(:));
end

mmc.loadSLMSequence(mmc.getSLMDevice,javamov)

mov is the right type and dimensions for my Polygon400.

However, nothing happens once I try to start the sequence with:
mmc.startSLMSequence(mmc.getSLMDevice)

Whatever image was displayed before disappears and nothing happens.
Am I missing something? Anybody has an idea?

Thank you
Jean-Baptiste.