Quantcast

Localization microscopy plugin - feature request

Localization microscopy plugin - feature request

John Oreopoulos
Hi Micro-Manager team,

I would like to make a small feature request relating to the Localization microscopy plugin. Currently, the plugin can render super-resolution images at 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x pixel sizes (compared to the original pixel size). For example, when acquiring real imaging data with an effective pixel size of 100 nm, the 8x rendering yields a new image with 12.5 nm pixel sizes. I've actually run into a few cases now (mainly for calibration data) where I'd like to be able to render at an even smaller pixel size (1 or 2 nm rendered pixel sizes would be ideal). Would it be possible to increase the rendering pixel size further (50x, 100x)?

I tried looking at the source code online to see if I could modify the plugin myself, but I couldn't actually find where it was located.

Much thanks,

John Oreopoulos
Research Assistant
Spectral Applied Research
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Canada

Re: Localization microscopy plugin - feature request

Nico Stuurman
Administrator

On Sep 6, 2012, at 9:00 AM, John Oreopoulos wrote:

> I would like to make a small feature request relating to the Localization microscopy plugin. Currently, the plugin can render super-resolution images at 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x pixel sizes (compared to the original pixel size). For example, when acquiring real imaging data with an effective pixel size of 100 nm, the 8x rendering yields a new image with 12.5 nm pixel sizes. I've actually run into a few cases now (mainly for calibration data) where I'd like to be able to render at an even smaller pixel size (1 or 2 nm rendered pixel sizes would be ideal). Would it be possible to increase the rendering pixel size further (50x, 100x)?

I added 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x magnification.  Should be in the next nightly build.

Re: Localization microscopy plugin - feature request

John Oreopoulos
Thanks!

John Oreopoulos