Looking for examples of Micro-Manager-based applications and low cost systems

Looking for examples of Micro-Manager-based applications and low cost systems

Nico Stuurman-2
Hello Micro-Managers,

About to take off on a long flight to Singapore to present a workshop
about Micro-Manager (see https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~nstuurman/fom/ ).  I
still would like to add examples of cool applications build on top of
Micro-Manager (I'll add the diSPIM and Micro-Magellan).  If you build
any, or know of something, please let me know (through this list or by
direct email).

Also, it would be fun to include examples of low cost microscope
systems.  Please do send them to me, preferably including pictures.

Other input on the presentations will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Looking for examples of Micro-Manager-based applications and low cost systems

Roy Wollman-3
Not sure what you call low cost... we have an epi and openspim custom built. They cost 30k and 60k approx. It's a bit hard to quote since some parts are reused from other systems. They both use Sony imx cameras and are inside standard cell culture incubators.

Some pics are in the lab website, and I can send more if you want...

None of this would be possible without micromanager.

Have fun in Singapore,
Roy

On Mar 20, 2018 8:29 PM, "Nico Stuurman" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Micro-Managers,

About to take off on a long flight to Singapore to present a workshop about Micro-Manager (see https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~nstuurman/fom/ ).  I still would like to add examples of cool applications build on top of Micro-Manager (I'll add the diSPIM and Micro-Magellan).  If you build any, or know of something, please let me know (through this list or by direct email).

Also, it would be fun to include examples of low cost microscope systems.  Please do send them to me, preferably including pictures.

Other input on the presentations will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Looking for examples of Micro-Manager-based applications and low cost systems

Egor Zindy

> Also, it would be fun to include examples of low cost microscope systems.
> Please do send them to me, preferably including pictures.

If you haven't seen it before, this looks interesting:
http://theo.io/blog/ -- The author (Theo Sanderson) describes a low
cost approach for motorising a mechanical stage using 3-D printed
parts, then uses MM to control the stage and turn his microscope into
a slide scanner. Plenty of images / animated GIFs there.

Found the site while searching for some info about using an Arduino
with a RAMPS controller (mine's in the post) to control stages and
filter wheels in MM.

Cheers,
Egor