MIcromanager not working

vaibhav.pandit
Hi,
We are having great difficultly using the serial port on axio observer z1
with micromanager.We are using a premade Zeiss RS232 cable for this.
The primary symptom is that there does not appear to be any connection
from the microscope to the computer.  We belive this because of the errors
are seeing when we try to add devices within micromanager.  For example.
If we start up micro-manger, and try to add components, we get an error
message that the connection has failed as shown below:
http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~jmacione/temp/errorcode1.bmp
[message: error code: 22
ZeissScope. The Zeiss microsocope does not answer. Is it switched on and
connected to this comptuer?.]
http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~jmacione/temp/errorcode1.bmp
[message: error code:22
Andor.  Error code 105 (69 hex).]

Please find the corelog debug and config files attached.

Regards
Jim M and Vaibhav P

CoreLog.txt (29K) Download Attachment
debug file.rtf (20K) Download Attachment
zeiss_config_renamed.txt (1K) Download Attachment

Re: MIcromanager not working

Hoover, Karl
Hello,

We don't quite understand the problem yet. The log you sent shows that you are communicating with the Zeiss scope. The screen shots you've pointed us to show an error with an 'Andor' which is a popular scientific camera which does not appear in the configuration you sent.

1. You could try latest build from here:

https://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/1.3/Windows/MMSetup_1.3.45_20100217.exe

2. Please try to go through the configuration procedure detailed here:

http://micro-manager.org/documentation.php?object=Configguide

It may be helpful to configure the devices one by one and try out communication to each separately. Then if the trouble persists, send the configuration you're trying to use.

Best Regards,

Karl Hoover