MM1.4 dropping connection

MORRISON Harris
Morning All,

We have a recent problem with our XY stage failing with a serial command failed message. Doesn't happen everytime and a reboot of the PC can fix this although going into the Hardware wizard after a fail shows an OK next to the load even though it's said it failed so I'd expect it to say fail. Also, it doesn't occur after every use and so is a bit random!! Has anyone else had this issue at all?

Zeiss Imager M2 microscope
Prime BSI camera
Prior NanoScanZ
Prior Proscan II

Am also seeing a couple of errors in the Corelog with regards the Prime BSI camera which I can now see have always been there since installation.

ERR: pl_get_param for PARAM_CLEARING_TIME ATTR_CURRENT failed, pvErr:49, pvMsg:'Camera has not been configured for acquisition (C0_ACQ_NOT_CONFIGURED)' [PVCAMUniversal.cpp(299)]

Any help or input appreciated,

Have a good weekend,

Harris

CoreLog20190620T082434_pid4356_CRASHED.txt (394K) Download Attachment

Re: MM1.4 dropping connection

nanthony

Hi Harris,

I have also had this issue with flaky communication with the Prior Proscan II. When starting up Micromanager there’s a random chance that I’ll get an error message. After that I’ll keep getting the message unless I restart Micromanager and the Proscan and try again.

--Nick

Re: MM1.4 dropping connection

Stuurman, Nico

On 6/21/2019 9:09 AM, Nicholas Michael Anthony wrote:

Hi Harris,

I have also had this issue with flaky communication with the Prior Proscan II. When starting up Micromanager there’s a random chance that I’ll get an error message. After that I’ll keep getting the message unless I restart Micromanager and the Proscan and try again.

I was going to suggest lousy USB to serial converters.  Are those build-in to the Proscan II?  Upgrading drivers is worth a try or, - if possible - switching to other USB to serial converters.

If that does not help, I would contact Prior.  They should be aware of the problem and may have a solution.

Re: MM1.4 dropping connection

MORRISON Harris
Hi Nick,

Are you using usb to serial converters or serial to serial? And yes, completely random disconnect which is especially annoying. Weeks with everything happy, happy, happy and then the week from hell last week.

The search goes one....

I have also had this issue with flaky communication with the Prior Proscan II. When starting up Micromanager there’s a random chance that I’ll get an error message. After that I’ll keep getting the message unless I restart Micromanager and the Proscan and try again.

--Nick

Re: MM1.4 dropping connection

MORRISON Harris

Thanks for that. We'd already gone from converters to direct serial to serial with the thought this would fix things, and it appeared to, but the errors are coming flooding back with disconnects.

Is there a cache within MM1.4 that I can perhaps manually clear, was wondering if this was an issue but no idea where to search for it?

Thanks for the suggestions

Re: MM1.4 dropping connection

nanthony
Hi Harris,

We aren't using any serial conversion, just straight USB.

--Nick

Hi Nico,

On 6/25/19 9:02 AM, Nicholas Michael Anthony wrote:
> Hi Harris,
>
> We aren't using any serial conversion, just straight USB.

But the Prior Device Adapter code communicates through a serial port, so
the USB to Serial converter must be within the controller. It could be
the driver for that build-in converter (or the hardware itself) that is
flaky.  Definitely within the support by Prior needed domain....