MM2.0 gamma preview window and camera error

MM2.0 gamma preview window and camera error

nranthony
Hi all, I hope the data/hardware treats you well.

I recently tried MM2 gamma but it somehow caused a global issue on the PC
that now affects the MM2 beta that was working well.

I now have a preview window that flashes, whereby it looks like the
application is closing and reopening the window each time.  I can just about
make out the "Preparing to display" text each time.

Also, I have regenerated a misc camera bug that sporadically causes a
capture error and stops the sequence.  This was fixed by finding the right
DCAM for my slightly older OCRA-ER cameras, and setting the triggering to
software. I don't really want to uninstall - reinstall DCAM drivers over and
over again unless I have to.

Has anybody seen these kind of issues in their MM2 gamma adventures?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Neil

Re: MM2.0 gamma preview window and camera error

nranthony
Hi again all.
Nico, you're absolutely correct, this needs more meat on the bones to be of
any use.

I went for a complete clean and start fresh:

I removed/uninstalled:
- all DCAM drivers
- all micro-manager software and user folders

I then scanned C drive for anything named micro-manager and deleted those
folders.  I also updated CCleaner and cleaned system and registry

I then restarted the OS, updated the OS, and then restarted the OS again.

I then installed DCAM-API for Windows (15.10.4787), restarted both 1394
cameras and restarted the OS again, followed by installing
MMSetup_64bit_2.0.0-gamma1_20180801.exe 01-Aug-2018 20:02

Note, following this the flashing live window issue was gone, but following
a few moments of a MDA the camea read buffer error came back:
Error: Acquistion failed.
java.lang.Exception: Camera image buffer read failed.

My system details:
My config file is here detailing the hardware and settings etc.
ICI_SPIM_ver2c_MM2.cfg
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t395867/ICI_SPIM_ver2c_MM2.cfg>

Here is the ExCap info of both of the ORCA-ER cameras, that are happy to
stream video using ExCap without error.  If I try to stream both at the same
time it does crash, not sure if that's relevant.
ExCap_info.txt
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t395867/ExCap_info.txt>

Here's a core log that should encompass the error event:
CoreLog20180802T141315_pid7112.txt
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t395867/CoreLog20180802T141315_pid7112.txt>

I recall in the past* having to reduce the buffer size to get longer
acquisitions before errors on a couple of DCAM versions (those versions had
an inverse proportionality bug with the buffer size; I found a version after
that which worked).  I get lost with all the DCAM versions I've tried**.
Here are a list of a few I have in my download folder, and I don't recall
exactly which ones I've tried:
15.10.4787
15.12.4823
16.2.4843
16.5.5044
16.6.5077
16.7.5094
16.8.5114
16.10.5162
18.5.5504 - this one I've yet to try - I'll give it a go next

Note, I've also installed the HotFix Windows6.1-KB2524249-v2-x64
I've also tried numerous combinations of 1394 connections.  Using 2x PCI or
1x PCI and the MB connection etc etc.

I'm a little lost, and I hope there's a little red flag in all of that
hiding away that can help.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Neil

* I debugged this issue a few years back and it was ok for a couple of
years.  Either a Win OS thing or installing gamma changed things.
** DCAM-API can no longer be searched be changing the ftp web address which
makes me sad...  Does anybody have a repository of older versions?

Re: MM2.0 gamma preview window and camera error

nranthony
Ok, so I went to the latest DCAM version, DCAM-API for Windows (18.5.5504),
and the flashing windows thing has come back.  This time, slightly
different, whereby it only happens once I select a preset.  See here:
http://youtu.be/-bUoaFiYkBc?hd=1 <http://youtu.be/-bUoaFiYkBc?hd=1>

I'll test the camera error in a timelapse now.

Thanks
Neil

Re: MM2.0 gamma preview window and camera error

nranthony
So, the good news is that it's appears to have fixed the camera error.  The
flashy flashy I guess I'll live with if I can still get the data.

Given that the flashy flashy happens only once I've selected a preset, I
wonder if there's something I'm missing in that setup...

If there are any preset experts out there, please take a look at the
previously attached config, as I'd love your input.

Thanks
Neil

Re: MM2.0 gamma preview window and camera error

nranthony
Arrh, spoke too soon.
Just got a camera buffer error after 600 frames of a two color acquisition
:(

the struggle continues

Re: MM2.0 gamma preview window and camera error

nranthony
Interestingly, I notice that the Preview window has a different name each
time it re-opens when flashing...
e.g.
Preview-40088684
Preview-1101290047