MMCorePy import crash kernel

William Magrini
Hi,
I'm a new user of MicroManager and I would like to use Python. The thing is that when I run the command import MMCorePy into python shell, it crashes and restarts.
I precise that I have Python 2.7.16 installed with the last version of numpy and MicroManger version is 1.4.22
If someone has a solution for me it would be great !
Regards,
William

Re: MMCorePy import crash kernel

StevenF
Hey William,

I have used Micromanager's MMCorePy quite a lot but without any error logs
or things of this kind i think it's gonna be very hard for anyone to help
find where the issue comes from!

I think you should definitively try a nightly version from the gamma or beta
branch as i think there has been some improvements made to the MMCorePy
since 1.4.22

more info on this page : https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Version_2.0

I personally have been using python 3.6 and a beta version of micromanager
without having any particular issues if you want to consider this as a
possible solution!

this version of the beta is use :
https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/2.0.0-beta/Windows/MMSetup_64bit_2.0.0-beta3_20171106.exe

the compatible python 3.6 version of MMCorePy :
https://github.com/zfphil/micro-manager-python3

Hopefully these tips or alternate solutions can be of assistance!

Cheers,

Steven

Re: MMCorePy import crash kernel

William Magrini
Thank you Steven,
I tried your solution and it worked. I’ll continue using this.
Regards,
William