MMCorePy

Larry Chu
Hi Everyone,

I am testing out the Python wrapper and has run into a problem.  I am running the following lines:

import MMCorePy
mmc = MMCorePy.CMMCore()
print mmc.getDeviceLibraries("/Program Files/Micro-Manager-1.3/")
mmc.loadDevice("cam","DemoCamera","DCam")

And the error is:

DemoCamera Unable to load library: file not accessible or corrupted.

I have set the path to find my local Micro-Manager install, and it seems that the import is working.  However, the loadDevice function cannot find the related library, which on windows is a DLL, it seems.  I have changed the string "DemoCamera" to "mmgr_dal_DemoCamera" to reflect the DLL's file name without success.  Has anyone tried the Python wrapper with success?

Best,

Larry

Re: [micro-manager-general] MMCorePy

Arthur D. Edelstein
Hi Larry,

I think it may be necessary to run python from the Micro-Manager
directory, rather than simply place the DLLs on the path. I do think
this is an inconvenience, and I will add it to the bug list if that is
the case. Please let me know what you find. Thanks.

Best regards,
Arthur