MMorePy - configuration loading problems

MMorePy - configuration loading problems

StevenF
Hello Micromanager community,

I've been having some issues with the MMCorePy & 3.6.

So I was linked a github issue discussion for python 3.6 and micromanager's
MMCorePy, and there was a link to a compiled version of the library
(https://github.com/zfphil/micro-manager-py36). Whenever I import the
library everything goes well but when I try to load a configuration (that I
just created with the newly installed beta version) I keep getting this
error :

*  File "C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-2.0beta\MMCorePy.py", line 3176, in
loadSystemConfiguration
    return _MMCorePy.CMMCore_loadSystemConfiguration(self, *args)
MMCorePy.CMMError: Line 7: Device,COM5,SerialManager,COM5
Failed to load device "COM5" from adapter module "SerialManager" [ Failed to
load device adapter "SerialManager" from "C:\Program
Files\Micro-Manager-2.0beta\mmgr_dal_SerialManager.dll" [ Incompatible
device interface version (required = 67; found = 69) ] ]*

I tried using an old beta nightly version, the gamma version but it's not
working.

Any help would be great as this is the last and most important library for
my work that isn't 3.6 compatible :)!

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Re: MMorePy - configuration loading problems

Bryant
Hi Steven,

You're going to have to roll back to an even older version of Micromanager.  Mark pushed a new device adapter version just a few weeks ago (DIV = 69), but the python wrapper you're using was compiled for a version from 2017.  Try downloading a nightly build from late 2017 and see if that works.

-Bryant

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 7:14 AM StevenF <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

JonD
Hello Steven, this error message to me suggests that the DLL file doesn't
match with the version of MMCore that you are using:

StevenF wrote
> Failed to load device "COM5" from adapter module "SerialManager" [ Failed
> load device adapter "SerialManager" from "C:\Program
> Files\Micro-Manager-2.0beta\mmgr_dal_SerialManager.dll" [ Incompatible
> device interface version (required = 67; found = 69) ] ]*

If the Python library assumes a particular device interface version then
you'll have to use a nightly build with that one (or build things yourself).
I don't know enough to comment on that.  Or maybe you've just mixed and
matched device adapter DLLs with the rest of the build for some reason.

You may find Chris' explanation helpful:
http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Testing-a-custom-device-adapter-Version-incompatibility-tp7585469p7585472.html.

I did some digging and the device interface version was bumped to 67 on 9
Jun 2016, then to 68 on 7 Nov 2017, then to 69 on 12 Jul 2018.  Which
suggests there is more than a year of nightly builds that should work if you
have to stay with version 67.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
(541) 461-8181 x118

Re: MMorePy - configuration loading problems

StevenF
Thanks for the answers! It worked!

I had some issues with one of my devices since the Driver is only a new
addition! I got the corresponding source code and recompiled it to fit
version working with the MMCorePy (november 06/17).

Hopefully the official compilations, compatible with new MM versions come
soon (i think Egor is on it)!!

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Steven