Quantcast

Memory usage keeps increasing in Live mode

Memory usage keeps increasing in Live mode

Laurent
Hi all,

I am using the most recent nightly build of micromanager and I notice that the amount of memory that is being used when using Live mode is constantly increasing. At some point micromanager was filling up more than 10 Gb of memory and it was starting to skip frames, I guess because of swapping. Am I the only one with this problem?

Best,

Laurent

Re: Memory usage keeps increasing in Live mode

Arthur D. Edelstein
Hi Laurent,

That sounds like a new memory leak, unfortunately. I have added a ticket.

https://valelab.ucsf.edu/trac/micromanager/ticket/640

Best regards,
Arthur

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Laurent HOLTZER
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using the most recent nightly build of micromanager and I notice that
> the amount of memory that is being used when using Live mode is constantly
> increasing. At some point micromanager was filling up more than 10 Gb of
> memory and it was starting to skip frames, I guess because of swapping. Am I
> the only one with this problem?
>
> Best,
>
> Laurent

Re: Memory usage keeps increasing in Live mode

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
>> I am using the most recent nightly build of micromanager and I notice that the amount of memory that is being used when using Live mode is constantly increasing. At some point micromanager was filling up more than 10 Gb of memory and it was starting to skip frames, I guess because of swapping. Am I the only one with this problem?

> That sounds like a new memory leak, unfortunately. I have added a ticket.
>
> https://valelab.ucsf.edu/trac/micromanager/ticket/640

On first try, I could not reproduce this problem.  Can you generate a Trouble Report so that we will learn what hardware causes this problem?

Thanks!

On 28-09-12, Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am using the most recent nightly build of micromanager and I notice that the amount of memory that is being used when using Live mode is constantly increasing. At some point micromanager was filling up more than 10 Gb of memory and it was starting to skip frames, I guess because of swapping. Am I the only one with this problem?

> That sounds like a new memory leak, unfortunately. I have added a ticket.
>
> https://valelab.ucsf.edu/trac/micromanager/ticket/640

On first try, I could not reproduce this problem.  Can you generate a Trouble Report so that we will learn what hardware causes this problem?

It seems that it has something to do with the Image Flipper that I started using yesterday. There is no memory leak if I don't use that. I created a Trouble Report and submitted it to you.

Best,

Laurent