Micro Manager TCP/IP "plug-in"?

Christian Bayer
Hi,
I am wondering if somebody has written already a MM plug-in for controlling a device (e.g. a camera) via TCP/IP.
Basically, a TCP/IP connection has to established (like in Python), commands has to be converted from ASCII into byte strings and then send to the software which controls the camera (e.g. the command „shoot“ to Nikon ControlMyCamera 2 software).
Any guiding comments are highly appreciated.
Best regards,
Christian

Re: Micro Manager TCP/IP "plug-in"?

Matthijs
Hello Christian,

Not sure if this is entirely what you are looking for, but a while ago we also looked into controlling our cameras remotely. The solution we came up with was to attach the camera to a computer running MicroManager, and then control MicroManager through a REST service. Karl Bellve expanded on this idea and created the umWeb plugin. For more info, please see his post here: https://sourceforge.net/p/micro-manager/mailman/message/36008804/

Best,

  Matthijs

Re: Micro Manager TCP/IP "plug-in"?

Lang  Lukas
Hi Christian,

You might be able to achieve what you want using the FreeSerialPort device adapter (https://micro-manager.org/wiki/FreeSerialPort) together with the TCPIPPort serial port (just choose this as the "COM"-port in the setup menu of the FreeSerialPort device and set the port in IP appropriately). This way, you should be able to send custom commands to any TCP/IP server from Beanshell.

Best,
Lukas