Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Nico Stuurman-2
Dear friends,

After running this mailing list for almost 15 years, it is time to move
on and join the Image.sc forum (running on the Discourse platform).
Image.sc has developed into a lively platform around imaging software,
and I am very proud that Micro-Manager now joins this community.

If you have not done so already, please go to https://forum.image.sc and
sign up for an account.  Use the tag "micro-manager" for everything
micro-manager related, so that we all can find each other on the forum
(there are ways to get notified whenever the tag is used, though I have
not yet figure out how to do so).

I'll keep this mailing list open for another week or two (and start
requesting to move to image.sc with every post), and then make this
mailing list read only.

Lastly, thank you for participating in this mailing list.  This has been
a great way to stay in touch with all of you!

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Bruno
Thank you very much to you Nico and all the contributors! This mailing list
has been great. See you at Image.sc!

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

tron

Nico Stuurman @ 14/05/2020 17:33 -0300 dixit:
> If you have not done so already, please go to https://forum.image.sc and
> sign up for an account.  Use the tag "micro-manager" for everything
> micro-manager related, so that we all can find each other on the forum
> (there are ways to get notified whenever the tag is used, though I have
> not yet figure out how to do so).

Once you get your account, in your profile preferences there is a
notification area where you can "watch" categories, users or tags.

So it should work if you just watch micro-manager tag.

HTH, and thank you!

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <[hidden email]>

Carlos G Mendioroz

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Hassibullah Rustemi
can i please be removed from this email list?

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 5:46 PM Carlos G Mendioroz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nico Stuurman @ 14/05/2020 17:33 -0300 dixit:
> If you have not done so already, please go to https://forum.image.sc and
> sign up for an account.  Use the tag "micro-manager" for everything
> micro-manager related, so that we all can find each other on the forum
> (there are ways to get notified whenever the tag is used, though I have
> not yet figure out how to do so).

Once you get your account, in your profile preferences there is a
notification area where you can "watch" categories, users or tags.

So it should work if you just watch micro-manager tag.

HTH, and thank you!

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <[hidden email]>

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Karl Bellve-3

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 4:34 PM Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear friends,

If you have not done so already, please go to https://forum.image.sc and
sign up for an account.  Use the tag "micro-manager" for everything
micro-manager related, so that we all can find each other on the forum
(there are ways to get notified whenever the tag is used, though I have
not yet figure out how to do so).

My last emailing list......c'est la vie

See you on the forum!

Profile->Preferences ->Notifications ->Tags

image.png

Ngā mihi,

Karl Bellvé

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Micro-Manager mailing list
Really sad, this new forum is very bad looking.
A big micromanager splash image is taking 4/5 of the display surface and 3 lines for displaying the messages. No way to get rid of it.
*/*/*/  No mail list. */*/*/
If there's no workaround I'll be forced to leave. Too bad.
Thanks a lot anyway for the old mailing list that was great.
Regards

On 14.05.20 22:55, Bruno wrote:
Thank you very much to you Nico and all the contributors! This mailing list
has been great. See you at Image.sc!

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Sam Lord
Nico Stuurman-2 wrote
> After running this mailing list for almost 15 years, it is time to move
> on and join the Image.sc forum (running on the Discourse platform).

Sounds great. Is there a way to migrate the old discussions from this
listserv to the new platform? There is a ton of past knowledge here and it
would be a shame to have it lost.

Sam

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Sam,

>> After running this mailing list for almost 15 years, it is time to move
>> on and join the Image.sc forum (running on the Discourse platform).
> Sounds great. Is there a way to migrate the old discussions from this
> listserv to the new platform? There is a ton of past knowledge here and it
> would be a shame to have it lost.

Current archives (nabble and sourceforge) will remain available.  I will
also download the full mbox archive once we switch to read only.  I
don't think that it will be feasible to make that archive available on
image.sc (since the formats are so different), but if anyone has a great
idea, I am all ears.

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Hi Marinette,

Sorry to hear it looks so bad for you.  When I go to:

https://forum.image.sc/tag/micro-manager

on my computer or on my phone, it looks pretty good, and different from what you described.  A few other people also had no issues.

Can you describe your setup a bit more?  Are you going to this same address, using a computer/tablet/phone, which browser, blocking javascript etc..

The folks at Image.sc are very motivated to make this work well for everyone (so I also encourage you to post this over there).

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.sourceforge.net_lists_listinfo_micro-2Dmanager-2Dgeneral&d=DwICAg&c=iORugZls2LlYyCAZRB3XLg&r=UwP8SWqih8VHO1LwZpgcx83I4o21yLj6V6QD-25Dt4I&m=U_LaENE8QVeODIqyMbSB6g-STbJOYnM8IlV5FZDDV8Y&s=3k7VQzAOZyb2aDPMK9lrsZiUzleRz5gFz1Y1k794wss&e=

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Micro-Manager mailing list

Hi Nico,

Thanks for the time you took for replying.

from the address you provided, here's a screen copy of what I get. The logo doesn't close or reduce.
My configuration is the following: portable computer MSI CR70, OS: Windows seven 64-bit, Browser: Firefox 50.1.0.
However, the site displays correctly with the portable edition of Firefox ver 76.
Unfortunately, Mozilla messed around with ver 57+ and if I migrate to a newer version I'm compelled to break my customization which I can't
for other reasons than mere browsing.

I searched on this site if there's a possibility to subscribe to a mailing list. Unfortunately not. On a similar forum interface (dedicated to Kicad) it's possible to follow specific threads, a notification is sent to the mail box. Here, as well, it seems not to exist.

I'll keep connected during the next weeks with the hope that something is made to ease the reading from a standard mail client.
kind regards

On 14.05.20 22:55, Bruno wrote:
Thank you very much to you Nico and all the contributors! This mailing list
has been great. See you at Image.sc!

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.sourceforge.net_lists_listinfo_micro-2Dmanager-2Dgeneral&d=DwICAg&c=iORugZls2LlYyCAZRB3XLg&r=UwP8SWqih8VHO1LwZpgcx83I4o21yLj6V6QD-25Dt4I&m=U_LaENE8QVeODIqyMbSB6g-STbJOYnM8IlV5FZDDV8Y&s=3k7VQzAOZyb2aDPMK9lrsZiUzleRz5gFz1Y1k794wss&e=

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Hi Marinette,

I understand your disappointment (I really like simple open interfaces
much better than complicated, proprietary platforms), but I am afraid
that we have to go along with where everyone else is going.

I now receive emails from the forum whenever someone posts using the tag
"micro-manager".  Not completely sure what I did, but I think that
Karl's recipe:

Profile->Preferences ->Notifications ->Tags

and setting these up with the "micro-manager" tag should be enough to
get those emails.

Hope this helps!

On 5/17/2020 5:37 AM, marinette-et-riton via micro-manager-general wrote:

> Hi Nico,
>
> Thanks for the time you took for replying.
>
> from the address you provided, here's a screen copy of what I get. The
> logo doesn't close or reduce.
> My configuration is the following: portable computer MSI CR70, OS:
> Windows seven 64-bit, Browser: Firefox 50.1.0.
> However, the site displays correctly with the portable edition of
> Firefox ver 76.
> Unfortunately, Mozilla messed around with ver 57+ and if I migrate to
> a newer version I'm compelled to break my customization which I can't
> for other reasons than mere browsing.
>
> I searched on this site if there's a possibility to subscribe to a
> mailing list. Unfortunately not. On a similar forum interface
> (dedicated to Kicad) it's possible to follow specific threads, a
> notification is sent to the mail box. Here, as well, it seems not to
> exist.
>
> I'll keep connected during the next weeks with the hope that something
> is made to ease the reading from a standard mail client.
> kind regards

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Micro-Manager mailing list

Hi,

Thank you for your time.

I did what you said, let's see what's happening now! I'll report soon.
Just one question: I can't see this post on image.sc forum. Are the mailing list and the forum not redundant yet ?

Kind regards

marinette-et-riton via micro-manager-general @ 21/05/2020 05:38 -0300 dixit:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> I did what you said, let's see what's happening now! I'll report soon.
> Just one question: I can't see this post on image.sc forum. Are the
> mailing list and the forum not redundant yet ?

No, they are not, and I presume they will never be.

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <[hidden email]>

Carlos G Mendioroz

Re: Micro-Manager mailing list is moving to the Image.sc forum

Micro-Manager mailing list

Hello Nico,

It seems to work, this is a part of what I received today morning: both the mailing list and the image.sc forum:

Thanks again and kind regards.