Quantcast

Micro-Manager on the Raspberry Pi

Kyle Douglass

Hi everyone,

A couple of years ago there was a thread on this list about building Micro-Manager for the Raspberry Pi but it seemed to have fizzled out due to difficulties with the compilation and the 3rdpartypublic libraries (

http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Compiling-on-raspian-on-raspberry-pi-2-td7585007.html)

I recently managed to get MM2 to compile and run on the Pi. If you're interested, you can find my notes here:

http://kmdouglass.github.io/posts/micro-manager-on-the-raspberry-pi.html

Just a warning: I haven't fully tested it for run-time errors yet.

Cheers,

Kyle

Dr. Kyle M. Douglass
Post-doctoral Researcher
EPFL - The Laboratory of Experimental Biophysics
http://leb.epfl.ch/
http://kmdouglass.github.io

Re: Micro-Manager on the Raspberry Pi

Nico Stuurman-2
HI Kyle,

On 2/10/17 10:56 AM, Kyle Michael Douglass wrote:

> A couple of years ago there was a thread on this list about building
> Micro-Manager for the Raspberry Pi but it seemed to have fizzled out
> due to difficulties with the compilation and the 3rdpartypublic
> libraries (
>
> http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Compiling-on-raspian-on-raspberry-pi-2-td7585007.html)
>

> I recently managed to get MM2 to compile and run on the Pi. If you're
> interested, you can find my notes here:
>
> http://kmdouglass.github.io/posts/micro-manager-on-the-raspberry-pi.html

That is very nice, thanks for sharing! Please do let us know where you
end up with this project!