Micro-manager 1.4 and 2.0gamma with Nikon Ti2

Micro-manager 1.4 and 2.0gamma with Nikon Ti2

Wolfgang Keil-2
Hi,

I am trying to operate a Nikon Eclipse Ti2 inverted microscope with micro-manager under Windows 10. I installed version 1.2 of the Nikon Ti2 control software and copied the Ti2_Mic_Driver.dll into the micro-manager folder .  The scope is connected via USB 3.0 port to my computer.

In the hardware configuration wizard, I see the Ti2 and upon clicking "add", micro-manager gives me the options of adding the various parts of the scope (XY stage etc.).
However, when I click "Add" then, micro-manager consistently crashes. This is true both for MM version 1.4 and for 2.0. I also got these crashes with a more recent version of the Ti2 control software (2.0).

Initially, I tried with MM version 2.0 only and since it crashed all the time, I installed MM 1.4, upon which it worked ONCE to add the Ti2 microscope and generate a configuration file that let me operate the scope. However, afterwards, micro-manager crashed whenever I re-opened it and tried to load the very same configuration file.

I am attaching two CoreLogs.txt generated after the crashes, which, I am afraid, are not telling much about the problem. I read that there might be a version conflict and only some combinations of Ti2 control and micro-manager work. Could you recommend a combination of micro-manager version and Ti2 that is known to work on Windows 10? Any other hints to fix this problem?

Thanks and best regards,
Wolfgang Keil

CoreLog20200221T200218_pid9836.txt (22K) Download Attachment
CoreLog20200224T144636_pid9100.txt (126K) Download Attachment

Re: Micro-manager 1.4 and 2.0gamma with Nikon Ti2

nanthony
Hi Wolfgang,

I don't see any useful information in the log files. Sometimes when micromanager experiences a hard crash it was create a log file in the main installation

On Feb 24, 2020, at 12:28 PM, Wolfgang Keil <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Oops accidentally hit the send button.

I don't see any useful information in the log files. Sometimes when micromanager experiences a hard crash it will create a log file in the main installation. I forget the exact naming but it should be similar to "hs_errXXXX.log"

--Nick