Micro manager 1.4 - why can't I access the drop down meny "Plugins"

Micro manager 1.4 - why can't I access the drop down meny "Plugins"

SaralaT

Hi

I am new to Micromanager, and right now I cant seem to access the plugins inside the mmplugins folder, because when I try to open the drop-down menu it does not open up. Is this related to the Java version issues? Would e great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks alot!

Best Regards,

Sarala

Re: Micro manager 1.4 - why can't I access the drop down meny "Plugins"

Kyle Douglass

Hi Sarala,

I am new to Micromanager, and right now I cant seem to access the plugins inside the mmplugins folder, because when I try to open the drop-down menu it does not open up. Is this related to the Java version issues? Would e great if someone could point me in the right direction.

That sounds pretty weird. I don't know what the problem is, but here are a few questions that might help you to isolate the cause:

1) Is the mmplugins folder inside the MM root directory empty, or are there .jars in it?

2) What does the log file say about MM's startup? You can enable logging by in 2.0 by selecting Tools > Options and checking the "Enable debug logging" checkbox. I don't have 1.4 installed at the moment, but I imagine the you can enable logging in a similar way.

3) If you repeat the exact same procedure to install MM on a different computer, do you see the same problem?

4) Are you using the latest nightly build? https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_Nightly_Builds

In any case, I doubt that it's a Java version issue because I think that MM installs its own JVM (version 1.6), but maybe one of the developers could correct me if I am wrong about this.

I hope this helps,
Kyle

On 09/28/2017 09:42 AM, Sarala Neomi Tantirimudalige wrote:

Hi

I am new to Micromanager, and right now I cant seem to access the plugins inside the mmplugins folder, because when I try to open the drop-down menu it does not open up. Is this related to the Java version issues? Would e great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks alot!

Best Regards,

Sarala

Kyle M. Douglass, PhD
Post-doctoral researcher
The Laboratory of Experimental Biophysics
EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
http://kmdouglass.github.io
http://leb.epfl.ch

Re: Micro manager 1.4 - why can't I access the drop down meny "Plugins"

SaralaT
Hi kyle,

Thanks a lot for your reply! Actually i removed all the plugins from the mmpluggins folder and added the ones i need after compiling in same java version as that of mm1. 4 version. Then it worked! So i actually had one jar file which was compiled in a more newer version of java than that of the version on mm1. 4, which led to this issue.

Thanks a lot!
Sarala

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Kyle Douglass wrote ----