Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

Micro-Manager mailing list
Hi, I am graduate student from University of South Florida. I am using Basler aca-2000-165um NIR camera, I would like to use this camera in micro-manager, even though in the micro-manager website it says  Basler Ace is supported. but when I installed micro-manager I did not find the adapter in the hardware list in micro-manager to operate the camera. Please let me know what to do. Thank you.

Best Regards
Safi

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Safi,

Hi, I am graduate student from University of South Florida. I am using Basler aca-2000-165um NIR camera, I would like to use this camera in micro-manager, even though in the micro-manager website it says  Basler Ace is supported. but when I installed micro-manager I did not find the adapter in the hardware list in micro-manager to operate the camera. Please let me know what to do. Thank you.

Did you find this information:

https://micro-manager.org/wiki/BaslerAce

Let us know if that worked.

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

JonD
Administrator
Nico Stuurman-2 wrote
>> when I installed micro-manager I did not
>> find the adapter in the hardware list in micro-manager to operate the
>> camera. Please let me know what to do. Thank you.
>
> Did you find this information:
>
> https://micro-manager.org/wiki/BaslerAce

Despite the wiki entry I could not find a DLL for Basler in the MM install
folder nor any source code.  The mailing list archives also suggest that
Basler cameras don't work.

Henry Pinkard submitted device adapter code for inclusion in the main MM
build ( GitHub PR <https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/pull/620>
).   Mark Tsuchida agreed to incorporate the code after some cleanup but it
appears that such cleanup never happened.

At the moment you could build Henry's code into a DLL yourself.  Or beg
Henry or Mark to do the cleanup and merge the code.  Or if you are able take
a stab at the cleanup yourself and contribute.

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

Micro-Manager mailing list
Hi, all thank you. As Jon mentioned I could not find DLL for Basler camera. I guess I have to try building the the  code into DLL.

Best
Safi

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 7:34:41 PM EDT, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nico Stuurman-2 wrote
>> when I installed micro-manager I did not
>> find the adapter in the hardware list in micro-manager to operate the
>> camera. Please let me know what to do. Thank you.
>
> Did you find this information:
>
> https://micro-manager.org/wiki/BaslerAce

Despite the wiki entry I could not find a DLL for Basler in the MM install
folder nor any source code.  The mailing list archives also suggest that
Basler cameras don't work.

Henry Pinkard submitted device adapter code for inclusion in the main MM
build ( GitHub PR <https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/pull/620>
).  Mark Tsuchida agreed to incorporate the code after some cleanup but it
appears that such cleanup never happened.

At the moment you could build Henry's code into a DLL yourself.  Or beg
Henry or Mark to do the cleanup and merge the code.  Or if you are able take
a stab at the cleanup yourself and contribute.

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

Vikram Kopuri
Hi Saif,

I was able to compile Henry's device adapter for BaslerAce. Your welcome to use them.

I wasn't able to test it because I don't have a BaslerAce . Let me know if it worked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vikram G Kopuri

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 9:09 AM Mohaimen Safi via micro-manager-general <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, all thank you. As Jon mentioned I could not find DLL for Basler camera. I guess I have to try building the the  code into DLL.

Best
Safi

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 7:34:41 PM EDT, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nico Stuurman-2 wrote
>> when I installed micro-manager I did not
>> find the adapter in the hardware list in micro-manager to operate the
>> camera. Please let me know what to do. Thank you.
>
> Did you find this information:
>
> https://micro-manager.org/wiki/BaslerAce

Despite the wiki entry I could not find a DLL for Basler in the MM install
folder nor any source code.  The mailing list archives also suggest that
Basler cameras don't work.

Henry Pinkard submitted device adapter code for inclusion in the main MM
build ( GitHub PR <https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/pull/620>
).  Mark Tsuchida agreed to incorporate the code after some cleanup but it
appears that such cleanup never happened.

At the moment you could build Henry's code into a DLL yourself.  Or beg
Henry or Mark to do the cleanup and merge the code.  Or if you are able take
a stab at the cleanup yourself and contribute.

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

Micro-Manager mailing list

Hi Vikram, Thank you for your help. I tried to use it but it failed.I copied and paste the the .dll file in the in the micro-manager directory. In the hardware communication wizard it shows "Basler Ace (unavailable)" [screen shot attached], even though my pylon viewer [software provided by Basler] is working. Please let me know If I am making nay mistake.

Best Regards
Safi

">

=?UTF-8?b?MTUyODQ5OTk1NzQ5OGJsb2IuanBn?= (59K) Download Attachment

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

Vikram Kopuri
Thats too bad, I was getting a lot of warning when I tried to compile it.  Only thing I would suggest is to make sure your using the right dll , 32 for 32bit OS, and 64 for 64bit OS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vikram G Kopuri

1528499957498blob.jpg (59K) Download Attachment
1528499957498blob.jpg (59K) Download Attachment

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

krak
Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to everyone involved in the creation of a device
adapter for the Basler camera! It is really a great thing!

I also had issues to install it. I am using the latest version of
micromanager on a 64 computer and am trying to connect a acA1920-40um Basler
camera. The pylon works without issue. I then added the 64 version of the
dll file into the micromanager directory. I also had the message that this
camera is "unavailable". So I tried the 32 version (because while I am at
it, let's try it as well) which didn't work either, without surprise.

I just wanted to inform you on that, I don't have the technical knowledge to
fix this issue, sadly.

I thank you in advance for any reply that might help on that regard and I am
looking forward to be able to use my Basler camera with micro-manager!

Best,
Elise

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

raacampbell
Hello,

Is there any word on how the Basler camera support is progressing? I
downloaded the nightly build last week but I see no mention of Basler in the
hardware wizard. Basler's Pylon software is functional on my computer.

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

Vikram Kopuri
Hi,

Last time I had to deal with a Basler on MM , I used opencvgrabber to get frames out of it. Its not ideal but will work in a pinch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vikram G Kopuri

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 9:52 AM raacampbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Is there any word on how the Basler camera support is progressing? I
downloaded the nightly build last week but I see no mention of Basler in the
hardware wizard. Basler's Pylon software is functional on my computer.

Re: Micro-manager adapter for BASLER USB3 camera

JonD
Administrator

> Is there any word on how the Basler camera support is progressing? I
> downloaded the nightly build last week but I see no mention of Basler in
> the hardware wizard. Basler's Pylon software is functional on my computer.

The place to look for updates is the GitHub PR.  From the conversation it
appears this is just waiting on Mark to merge with the main branch, but
there is an unanswered question about .vcxproj.filters file as well.

https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/pull/620

Jon