Micro-manager freezes when changing exposure time.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Micro-manager freezes when changing exposure time.

ArjunKathir
Hi,

I am a graduate student at McMaster University in Dr. Deda Gillespie's lab. I am currently using micromanager for image acquisition of stain tissue slices. When the image acquisition is live, and I change the camera's exposure time under "Device Property browser" micro-manager freezes. The other settings I use (camera gain, offset) work fine when the image acquisition is live. Micro-manager doesn't seem to freeze when changing the exposure time in the main interface when image acquisition is live. I was wondering if others were experiencing this as well? And if there is a possible fix.

I have attached the debugging logs up until the freezing. 

Regards,
Arjun Kathir
McMaster University

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general

CoreLog20171128T131511_pid1616.txt (28K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Micro-manager freezes when changing exposure time.

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Arjun,

> I am a graduate student at McMaster University in Dr. Deda Gillespie's
> lab. I am currently using micromanager for image acquisition of stain
> tissue slices. When the image acquisition is live, and I change the
> camera's exposure time under "Device Property browser" micro-manager
> freezes. The other settings I use (camera gain, offset) work fine when
> the image acquisition is live. Micro-manager doesn't seem to freeze
> when changing the exposure time in the main interface when image
> acquisition is live. I was wondering if others were experiencing this
> as well? And if there is a possible fix.
>
> I have attached the debugging logs up until the freezing.

When I look at your logs, it appears that you set the exposure time to
~275 (!) seconds, and then start a sequnced acquisition.  Did you wait 5
minutes before you decided that things were frozen?  It would surely
take that long for the first image to appear.

Maybe you did not mean to set the exposure to 275 seconds?  Could it be
that you are using a French locale, and that something is going wrong
between using dots and commas?

Why do you use the Device/Property Browser to change the exposure time (
instead of the main window)?

Why do you want to change the exposure time during an acquisition?

Best,

Nico




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Micro-manager freezes when changing exposure time.

ArjunKathir
Hi Nico, 

Thank you for this response. Sorry it had taken this long to get back to you. I definitely did not mean to set the exposure time to 275s so this may be the issue.
As for your final question, I want to change the exposure time during acquisition so we can see in "real-time" the effect it has on our sample.  

Cheers. 

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Arjun,

I am a graduate student at McMaster University in Dr. Deda Gillespie's lab. I am currently using micromanager for image acquisition of stain tissue slices. When the image acquisition is live, and I change the camera's exposure time under "Device Property browser" micro-manager freezes. The other settings I use (camera gain, offset) work fine when the image acquisition is live. Micro-manager doesn't seem to freeze when changing the exposure time in the main interface when image acquisition is live. I was wondering if others were experiencing this as well? And if there is a possible fix.

I have attached the debugging logs up until the freezing.

When I look at your logs, it appears that you set the exposure time to ~275 (!) seconds, and then start a sequnced acquisition.  Did you wait 5 minutes before you decided that things were frozen?  It would surely take that long for the first image to appear.

Maybe you did not mean to set the exposure to 275 seconds?  Could it be that you are using a French locale, and that something is going wrong between using dots and commas?

Why do you use the Device/Property Browser to change the exposure time ( instead of the main window)?

Why do you want to change the exposure time during an acquisition?

Best,

Nico




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general