Micro manager scale bar addition as nanometer scale and fluorescence imaging

Micro manager scale bar addition as nanometer scale and fluorescence imaging

Gulsah Malgir
We have recently installed Micro manager software, yet there are some parts we could not figure out. When our technical person installed the software, he told us that there is no configuration file and we had to use demo version each time. Further, I guess it is still related to configuration settings,  when we try to set scale bare  for each microscope objective for pixel to nanometer conversion, it does not globally set. Meanwhile, even the software is connected to the camera (PVCAM) , it does not allow us to do fluorescence imaging. For fluorescence imaging  we should first add the color and properties to the channels part. These are the things that we are basically having struggles. We are very new to this kind of software, so If you could give use further information regarding that, we would appreciate your time.

Sincerely,
Gulsah Malgir

PhD Student
Biomedical Engineering
University Of Houston
3517 Cullen Blvd
Houston, TX

Re: Micro manager scale bar addition as nanometer scale and fluorescence imaging

JonD
Administrator
Hi Gulsah,

Gulsah Malgir wrote

> We have recently installed Micro manager software, yet there are some
> parts
> we could not figure out. When our technical person installed the software,
> he told us that there is no configuration file and we had to use demo
> version each time. Further, I guess it is still related to configuration
> settings,  when we try to set scale bare  for each microscope
> objective for pixel to nanometer conversion, it does not globally set.
> Meanwhile, even the
> software is connected to the camera (PVCAM) , it does not allow us to do
> fluorescence imaging. For fluorescence imaging  we should first add the
> color and properties to the channels part.

First thing is to go through the documentation, specifically the users guide
and configuration guide linked at
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Overview%20of%20the%20documentation.

Look at the pixel size calibration.  I'm not sure what you mean about not
being able to use your camera for fluorescence imaging.

If you want some more specific help, consider becoming an Open Imaging
subscriber, I know they have a "Getting Started" package where they help
create a configuration and walk you through the basics.

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
[hidden email]
(541) 461-8181 x118