Micro-manager startup

Knecht, David
I thought in the past, there was a way to boot micro-manager without it asking for the configuration to use (so it uses the last one or whatever you specify).  I can’t find that feature any more.  Thanks- Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Professor, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
U-3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
860-486-2200

Re: Micro-manager startup

Nico Stuurman-2
On 2/6/20 9:10 AM, Knecht, David wrote:
> I thought in the past, there was a way to boot micro-manager without
> it asking for the configuration to use (so it uses the last one or
> whatever you specify).  I can’t find that feature any more.  Thanks- Dave

There are options for this (Tools > Options).  However, they do not work
as expected, and I think that the programmers have not worked on this
during the migration from 1.4 to 2.0-gamma.  I am looking into it and
post here once this is fixed.

Re: Micro-manager startup

nanthony
At some point in the past few months  I added an startup option that allows you to specify a profile name to load.

However I only went as far as implementing it for my use case of starting Micromanager from Matlab so more work is needed to get it working when using the default of launching from ImageJ.

For the information of anyone using micromanager from matlab, you can call the startup script as 'StartMmStudio("-profile {yourUserProfileName}")' if you want to skip the splash screen.

--Nick

> On Feb 6, 2020, at 8:05 PM, Stuurman, Nico <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 2/6/20 9:10 AM, Knecht, David wrote:
>> I thought in the past, there was a way to boot micro-manager without
>> it asking for the configuration to use (so it uses the last one or
>> whatever you specify).  I can’t find that feature any more.  Thanks- Dave
>
> There are options for this (Tools > Options).  However, they do not work
> as expected, and I think that the programmers have not worked on this
> during the migration from 1.4 to 2.0-gamma.  I am looking into it and
> post here once this is fixed.
>
> Best,
>

> Nico

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.sourceforge.net_lists_listinfo_micro-2Dmanager-2Dgeneral&d=DwIGaQ&c=yHlS04HhBraes5BQ9ueu5zKhE7rtNXt_d012z2PA6ws&r=VOzx3RPoFiAnEjWZNVKllozJBWVHbhKhbit0V1WrFG2kkO7riI9lwQ0usSmhFkzq&m=xnqtbPid87PiqdZXZ94wUCi807djwFNQycRS0S2br5s&s=eDaYSeLFeNDpIlfV3aGFoGWjSlJg25VQWuYl9_pJAEw&e=

Re: Micro-manager startup

nanthony
This can now be done when launching Micro-Manager from ImageJ. It may not be
as user-friendly as whatever the previous approach was but it is at least a
possibility.

Please see: https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/pull/692

Re: Micro-manager startup

On 2/6/20 6:04 PM, Stuurman, Nico wrote:
> On 2/6/20 9:10 AM, Knecht, David wrote:
>> I thought in the past, there was a way to boot micro-manager without
>> it asking for the configuration to use (so it uses the last one or
>> whatever you specify).  I can’t find that feature any more.  Thanks- Dave

The options to this effect (under Tools > Options) should be operational
again in tonight's (and later) builds.

These options will only be shown when you startup in the Default User
profile.

Re: Micro-manager startup

Knecht, David
Unfortunately, I have to run version 1.4.23 20190429 because that is the only version that my Lumenera cameras will work with (according to the company support).  Is there any way to do it in that version?  Thanks- Dave

On Feb 12, 2020, at 9:07 PM, Stuurman, Nico <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2/6/20 6:04 PM, Stuurman, Nico wrote:
On 2/6/20 9:10 AM, Knecht, David wrote:
I thought in the past, there was a way to boot micro-manager without
it asking for the configuration to use (so it uses the last one or
whatever you specify).  I can’t find that feature any more.  Thanks- Dave

The options to this effect (under Tools > Options) should be operational
again in tonight's (and later) builds.

These options will only be shown when you startup in the Default User
profile.

https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.sourceforge.net%2Flists%2Flistinfo%2Fmicro-manager-general&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cdavid.knecht%40uconn.edu%7C57bea65a02f542c857af08d7b0299a9c%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637171565061309384&amp;sdata=6Aw3v0xH6mgmbAa%2FGheKbreWoctNZOGycDGm%2FUJYZ7M%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Micro-manager startup

Nico Stuurman-2
On 2/13/20 9:13 AM, Knecht, David wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have to run version 1.4.23 20190429 because that is
> the only version that my Lumenera cameras will work with (according to
> the company support).  Is there any way to do it in that version?
>  Thanks- Dave

David answered (I think) his own question in a private email:

Hi Nico- It is there in my version and works.  I was looking in ImageJ
menus and should have known better.  Dave