Micromanager Ludl Mac5000 Z-drive

Thirumaran s/o Thanabalu (Dr)

Hi,

I have a Olympus IX51 (manual) inverted microscope fitted with Olympus controller (Filter turret, Filter wheel and shutters) and Ludl Mac5000 (Z-drive). I managed to get help from Shalin to get the Olympus hub to function properly. I am able to control Filter turret, Filter wheel and shutters.

The Micromanager recognizes the Ludl Z-drive through COM4 but does not register the position of the stage and it says not calibrated. Anyone have any suggestion? I have already tried the settings as mentioned in Ludl Adapter at MMWiki.

Thanks

Thiru

Re: Micromanager Ludl Mac5000 Z-drive

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Thiru,

The Micromanager recognizes the Ludl Z-drive through COM4 but does not register the position of the stage and it says not calibrated. Anyone have any suggestion? I have already tried the settings as mentioned in Ludl Adapter at MMWiki.

When you open the XY position list and press "Mark", do you get an error?  If so, you likely did not use the correct letter for the Z-drive.  Confusingly, these are often called "B" and not "Z" by Ludl, so you could try that as a pre-initialization property.

Also, to see the current Z-position in the main panel, you will need to press the "Refresh" button.  "Uncalibrated" means that the pixel size is not calibrated (see: http://micro-manager.org/documentation.php?object=Configguide#Calibration ), but has no bearing on whether or not you have a working Z-drive.