Micromanager Shutter triggering SOLA

Lars
Dear all,
Thanks for trying out to help here.

I have a question concerning triggering a shutter (I use a SOLA light engine from Lumencor) using both Micromanager 1.4.22 or the new beta 2.0 version. Here is my issue:

I can successfully install the SOLA light engine as my primary shutter using both versions of MM. The problem arises when I click on live view, here the shutter triggers and lets light through, however as soon as I stop live view the shutter persists to be open and I have to manually disable the shutter in the main image settings menu. This problem is particularly problematic when doing MDA.

In my device properties I have played around with all permutations of the SOLA state (1/0), Spectra enable (1/0) and the core-shutter itself (on/off). None of these combinations appears to give me the possibility to automatically close the shutter again.

Does any one of you have an idea what I could try next??
Thanks!
Lars

Re: Micromanager Shutter triggering SOLA

Peterbauer Thomas
On 2017-04-19 15:13, Lars wrote:

> Dear all,
> Thanks for trying out to help here.
>
> I have a question concerning triggering a shutter (I use a SOLA light engine
> from Lumencor) using both Micromanager 1.4.22 or the new beta 2.0 version.
> Here is my issue:
>
> I can successfully install the SOLA light engine as my primary shutter using
> both versions of MM. The problem arises when I click on live view, here the
> shutter triggers and lets light through, however as soon as I stop live view
> the shutter persists to be open and I have to manually disable the shutter
> in the main image settings menu. This problem is particularly problematic
> when doing MDA.
>
> In my device properties I have played around with all permutations of the
> SOLA state (1/0), Spectra enable (1/0) and the core-shutter itself (on/off).
> None of these combinations appears to give me the possibility to
> automatically close the shutter again.

Not sure whether MM has to be blamed. We had similar problems with two
Lumencor SpectraX light engines (channels opening fine, but never
closing). In one case, the workaround was to change the order of
switching on PC and instrument controllers. With another one we could
solve it by firing up the Lumencor GUI after booting and turning on/off
all channels (now automatized by a logon script). Then other software
(including MM) works. Would be glad to hear if someone has a clue what's
wrong with these machines...

Best,
Thomas