Quantcast

Micromanager beta 2.0 acquisition script problem. Acq undefined variable...

Micromanager beta 2.0 acquisition script problem. Acq undefined variable...

Lars
Dear all,

When I try to do run a very simple script, i.e.:

while (true) {
       acq.acquire();
       Thread.sleep(60000);
}

in the MM beta 2.0 I encounter the following error:

"Line 2: evaluation error: sourced file: inline evaluation of: 'while (true) {acq.acquire(); Thread.sleep(60000);}; '': Attempt to resolve method: acquire() on undefined variable or class name: acq"

Any one that knows what could be wrong here? The script worked flawless in MM 1.4.22...
Thanks!
Lars

Re: Micromanager beta 2.0 acquisition script problem. Acq undefined variable...

Nico Stuurman-2
On 4/19/2017 6:19 AM, Lars wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> When I try to do run a very simple script, i.e.:
>

> /while (true) {
>         acq.acquire();
>         Thread.sleep(60000);
> }/
>
> in the MM beta 2.0 I encounter the following error:
>
> "Line 2: evaluation error: sourced file: inline evaluation of: 'while (true)
> {acq.acquire(); Thread.sleep(60000);}; '': Attempt to resolve method:
> acquire() on undefined variable or class name: acq"

The api changed between 1.4 and 2.0.  See:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Version_2.0_API.

The answer to your specific question is here:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Version_2.0_API_How_do_I#Run_an_acquisition_using_the_MDA_settings.3F