Micromanager for Olympus FV300 Confocal head

Micromanager for Olympus FV300 Confocal head

nstifani
Hi

 I was wondering if Micromanager could be set up to work with an older
confocal FV300 from Olympus as it is not present in the supported device
list.

We have it running it perfectly on Fluoview software which does not run on
anything else than XP and our IT team is asking us to remove any system with
XP...

I found a post mentioning the FV300 but did not address the compatibility.
here:
http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Fast-Arduino-Analog-Input-td7585497.html

@ Nico Stuurman (if different than primary recipient)
I have been following your work for some time now and fully support it.

I found this
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Measuring_camera_specifications
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9oXBUlG1I

very helpful and instuctrive perhaps even more than
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpCov8iYCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzhhGHxP-Jc

It would be nice to add that the scripts written in the first link can work
only on MM1. Moreover the difference MM1 and 2 seems to be quite big, yet I
haven't find the information relative to what are these differences. Why
there is a MM2? Should I write scripts for MM1 or MM2? Thanking you in
advance.