Micromanager response time too high & the live mode does not work

Micromanager response time too high & the live mode does not work

Ibrahim
Hello all,

I am having a problem using micromanager. My camera is a QSI CCD. When I take a snap image of 10 ms, it takes around 10 seconds for the image window pops up. And also, the live mode does not work at all. When I hit the live button, it just does nothing.  I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice.

Best,
Ibrahim.

Re: Micromanager response time too high & the live mode does not work

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Ibrahim,

> I am having a problem using micromanager. My camera is a QSI CCD. When
> I take a snap image of 10 ms, it takes around 10 seconds for the image
> window pops up. And also, the live mode does not work at all. When I
> hit the live button, it just does nothing.  I would appreciate it if
> anyone could give me some advice.

It sounds like there are multiple problems in the device adapter code
for the QSI camera.  The Micro-Manager website
(https://micro-manager.org/wiki/QSICamera) says that the device adapter
is not in the Micro-Manager repository, so there is nothing I can do to
help you.

You should contact QSI, and they will hopefully be able to help. You
also may want to bring up that it would be great if they can share their
source code with us, so that the device adapter will automatically
included in every new build of Micro-Manager.