Micromax camera

Vasyl Shynkar
Dear Arthur,

Recently, colleague of mine putted a question concerning driving a
Micromax camera. I followed your advice concerning PVCAM, but I have not
succeeded to access to camera niether with Photometrics software nor
with RSImage. In the same time RSconfig succeeded to detect camera. Do
you have an idea why it doesn’t work?

Best regards,

Vasyl Shynkar

Dear Benjamin,

Our lab has had success with a MicroMax camera. Please see
http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~nico/MMwiki/index.php/PVCAM

Best regards,
Arthur

--
Laboratoire Kastler Brossel
Ecole Normale Supérieure,

Re: Micromax camera

Roy Wollman
Dear Vasyl,

I had a similar problem with another photometric camera (CoolSnap).
What worked in the end was simply to call photometrics, it ended up
being some version clash between the driver and the firmware. I
installed the driver from their website but the camera had an old
incompatible firmware. The guy from photometric was super helpful and
guided me over the phone on how to update the firmware etc.

Since the camera doesn't work with RSImage, it really sounds like a
camera driver/firmware problem and not micro-manager issue.

Hope this helps,

Best,
Roy