Microspectroscopy step and glue

Piter
Hi list,

It may not be the best place to ask but, I have a general spectroscopy
question.

I have tried to work with 4 different Czerny-Turner spectrographs in
step and glue mode, some of them coupled with microscopes.

In my experience, intensity measured at the same wavelength, measured at
different position of grating will differ, and it will introduce
artefact's on the places where spectra are glued. So one has to make an
intensity correction for each position and then glue them.

Question is if it is normal, or I am just unable to align it properly?

If it is normal, why I have never seen it mentioned  in a manual?

Only once in this one:

http://www.princetoninstruments.com/products/intellical

Thank you.

Petro.