Moticam connection to micro manager

Makhala Khammy
Hi all,

I am new to micro Manager (and to microscopy in general really). I have a Moticam Pro (285C) camera that I am trying to set up with Micro-manager.

As instructed on the Micro-manager site, I have installed the latest version of Micro-Manager (1.4.23, 64 bit for Windows 10 Education), installed the Moticam driver software (MIDevice for Micro-manager), copied config_Motic.cfg to the Micro-manager directory and attempted to load the configuration file.

I get the following errors:

ERR-0x800401f3

Error: Failed to load hardware configuration
Line 16: Property, core, Initialize, 1
Error in device "MotiCam": No cameras found. Please connect a Motic camera and turn it on (100)

Pretty sure the relevant driver has been installed since the camera appears as an imaging device with a working driver in the Device manager. Also the camera works with Motics own software (Motic Images Plus 3.0).

I'm probably missing something completely obvious - any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Michelle