Multi Camera error with Evolve Deltas

Amit Cherian
Hi,

We're not able to run multi cam with two Photometrics Evolve Deltas.
Initially we were struck with sequence buffer errors but solving that
quickly advanced to multi-cam error.

Going through the CoreLog(attached), found something funny going on when
properly, or this is what I understand what's going on.

Please suggest on what could possible be going wrong, and what could be the
fixes.

Running micromanager 1.4.23.20161006,
sequence buffer of 25mb
maximum memory 1000mb
threads 32

Much Thanks in advance
-Amit CoreLog20171020T132106_pid2404.txt
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396861/CoreLog20171020T132106_pid2404.txt>

Re: Multi Camera error with Evolve Deltas

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Amit,

On 10/20/17 1:08 AM, Amit Cherian wrote:

> We're not able to run multi cam with two Photometrics Evolve Deltas.
> Initially we were struck with sequence buffer errors but solving that
> quickly advanced to multi-cam error.
>
> Going through the CoreLog(attached), found something funny going on when
> properly, or this is what I understand what's going on.
>
> Please suggest on what could possible be going wrong, and what could
> be the
> fixes.

I would certainly try the latest version of Micro-Manager 1.4.23. Your
issue may already have been solved, and Photometrics will only be able
to push changes into the latest builds.

I do not see in the logs that the MultiCam has Camera 1 and Cmaera 2
assigned as its "slave" cameras.  Are those properties set correctly?

There are indeed funky errors coming from the PVCAM adapter. Hopefully
those are gone in the latest version, otherwise, please do ask
Photometrics for help.

Re: Multi Camera error with Evolve Deltas

Amit Cherian
Hi Nico,

Thank you for your suggestions.
MultiCam properties were configured correctly.

We tried Micromanager versions 1.4.23.20171019 and 2.0.beta 20171021
and latest version of PVCam
Both are giving the same error " Device adapter requests invalid values ( 0,
0) for property: CircularBufferFrameCount "

We shall put this across to Photometrics and see what solution they come up
with and shall update the same here.

Thanks once again
MM rocks!!
Amit

CoreLog20171021T123242_pid4744.txt
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396861/CoreLog20171021T123242_pid4744.txt>

CoreLog20171021T124058_pid4800.txt
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396861/CoreLog20171021T124058_pid4800.txt>

Re: Multi Camera error with Evolve Deltas

Amit Cherian
We have found a fix to the following issues with PVCAM.
Note: The issues mentioned are found only when running PVCAM with MultiCam

1. Micromanager hangs when you snap an image after going Live.

2. First and last few frames of a time series had distorted intensity values
When performing a time series acquisition, the intensity ratio of PA and PE
cameras was found to unstable in the last few frames no matter what the
combination of #frames, interval time, exposure time or chip clear mode was.

Fix:
It was noticed that the issues did not appear if the first camera was
triggered by the second camera.
Multi Camera-Physical Camera 1: Evolve1
Multi Camera-Physical Camera 2: Evolve2
Evolve1-TriggerMode: Strobed

To rule out whether the issue was with the camera or with the software, the
cameras were defined inversely with Multi-cam.
Multi Camera-Physical Camera 1: Evolve2
Multi Camera-Physical Camera 2: Evolve1

The issues in discussion was reproduced. This proved that the cameras were
fine.
Further now if Evolve1 triggers Evolve 2, the issue is fixed.

This helped us to conclude that the problem lies with PVCAM working with
Multi Camera.

I've attached image with configuration setting.

Happy Imaging!
Amit

<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396861/Snap_Live_time_series_Fix.jpg>

Re: Multi Camera error with Evolve Deltas

Amit Cherian
Hello All,

It seems like the workaround that we found is specific to Micromanager
version 1.4.23 20160720.
We were testing the updated driver for CoolLED light source incorporated in
the latest nightly build 20180403, which brought to our notice that the
workaround was micromanager version specific.

This is FYI.

Happy Imaging.
Best
Amit