As for your specific problem, it is possible that your source and
binaries are out of sync, and you should try with a binary from the same
day as your source. Netbeans has a tab labeled "output" (or similar)
that shows logging information and uncaught Java errors, which may help
figure out what goes wrong.
The output wasn't giving any error message that's why I was a bit lost, but
I did manage to find the source of my issue which was that I had set my
working directory as the source code location and not the installed
Unfortunately if I want to use the plugin I am developing I am stuck for now
with a specific nightly release of the beta branch because of it's
compatibility with python 3.6!