Netbeans setup & mm beta2.0

StevenF
Hey Micromanager community,

I am currently trying to write a small plugin. I did the netbeans install
for micromanager 1.4.23 with success but i am having some issues having it
work with micromanager 2.0 !

I followed the instructions on this page
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/How_to_debug_and_develop_MM2.0
<https://micro-manager.org/wiki/How_to_debug_and_develop_MM2.0>   and while
i have no issues, whenever i try and debug only imageJ seems to launch and
not micromanager along with it.

I am using a commit from nov 2017 beta2.0 as source and the corresponding
.exe from the beta nightlies page for the .jar files.

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Re: Netbeans setup & mm beta2.0

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Steven,

> I am currently trying to write a small plugin. I did the netbeans install
> for micromanager 1.4.23 with success but i am having some issues having it
> work with micromanager 2.0 !
>
> I followed the instructions on this page
> https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=f2d162b2-ae91578c-f2d145af-0cc47ad9c120-53be550a44a4a689&u=https://micro-manager.org/wiki/How_to_debug_and_develop_MM2.0
> <https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=0b215228-57616716-0b217535-0cc47ad9c120-7e8235b5f5fc500c&u=https://micro-manager.org/wiki/How_to_debug_and_develop_MM2.0>   and while
> i have no issues, whenever i try and debug only imageJ seems to launch and
> not micromanager along with it.
>
> I am using a commit from nov 2017 beta2.0 as source and the corresponding
> .exe from the beta nightlies page for the .jar files.

2.0-beta is more or less unmaintained (see commit history:
https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/commits/mm2), and you
will be better off using 2.0-gamma
(https://github.com/nicost/micro-manager/tree/ViewerPlusCV).

As for your specific problem, it is possible that your source and
binaries are out of sync, and you should try with a binary from the same
day as your source.  Netbeans has a tab labeled "output" (or similar)
that shows logging information and uncaught Java errors, which may help
figure out what goes wrong.

  \

Re: Netbeans setup & mm beta2.0

StevenF
Hi Nico,

The output wasn't giving any error message that's why I was a bit lost, but
I did manage to find the source of my issue which was that I had set my
working directory as the source code location and not the installed
micromanager directory!

Unfortunately if I want to use the plugin I am developing I am stuck for now
with a specific nightly release of the beta branch because of it's
compatibility with python 3.6!

Thanks for the tips !

Best,

Steven