New Axiocams 503/506

Simone Sabbioneda
Dear MM team
 First of all thank you for the stunning work in developing and supporting this great program. I have successfully configured and controlled a Zeiss Axio Imager M2 with MM and I am currently acquiring images with a Axiocam Mrm on loan: so far everything works fine but the Mrm is being phased out by Zeiss and replaced with two new models the 503 and 506.  Since the new CCDs have far better specs than the Mrm (smaller pixel size, increased resolution etc..) the plan is to buy one of those instead of the Mrm. I plan to use MM with my microscope and I was wondering if a driver for those models could be included in a future release of the program. I think I can ask one of the cameras as a loan from Zeiss to do some testing if this may be of any help. Thank you for the help.

Cheers

Simone

Re: New Axiocams 503/506

Mark Tsuchida-2
Hi Simone,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 03:43:10AM -0700, Simone Sabbioneda wrote:

>  First of all thank you for the stunning work in developing and supporting
> this great program. I have successfully configured and controlled a Zeiss
> Axio Imager M2 with MM and I am currently acquiring images with a Axiocam
> Mrm on loan: so far everything works fine but the Mrm is being phased out by
> Zeiss and replaced with two new models the 503 and 506.  Since the new CCDs
> have far better specs than the Mrm (smaller pixel size, increased resolution
> etc..) the plan is to buy one of those instead of the Mrm. I plan to use MM
> with my microscope and I was wondering if a driver for those models could be
> included in a future release of the program. I think I can ask one of the
> cameras as a loan from Zeiss to do some testing if this may be of any help.

We would definitely like to see the new AxioCam models supported in
Micro-Manager. In fact, others have requested this, too.

Unfortunately, these cameras use a new SDK from Zeiss (or so I am told),
so supporting them will likely require a new device adapter module,
which is significant work to write (a big reason why we manage to
support so many devices is that the device adapters for many devices,
especially scientific cameras, are maintained by the device vendors (or,
in some cases, volunteers from the community)).

So, I hope we'll find a way to support these at some point, but it is
difficult for us to promise anything in the short term. I hope you will
understand.

Best,
Mark

--
Mark Tsuchida
Micro-Manager Team (UCSF Vale Lab)

Re: New Axiocams 503/506

mmettlen
This post was updated on .
Hi,
Any update regarding Axiocam 503 drivers for ยต-manager?
Thanks,
Marcel

Re: New Axiocams 503/506

thibhon
HI simone,
any updates on a driver for the Axiocam 503 camera ?
We would be very interested in interfacing our camera to micromanager.
Please let me know, we might also be able to contribute.
bests
Thibault