New Nikon Camera installation

Ballesteros Mejia, Randy

Dear Micro Manager team

I Just recently found about Micro-manager andI was hoping to give it a try.

We have on our microscope a Nikon camera DS-Fi3 (this camera uses USB ports). I checked in the list of supported devices but it is not in there, I just was wondering if you knew which other from your list of drivers could control this camera or maybe the previous versions of this Nikon camera (DS-Fi2 or DS-Fi1)

Many thanks for your help

Best wishes

Randy Ballesteros M.

Research Associate

4 Royal College St,

London

NW1 0TU

RVC Logo - link to RVC Website    Twitter icon - link to RVC (Official) Twitter    Facebook icon - link to RVC (Official) Facebook    YouTube icon - link to RVC YouTube    Pinterest icon - link to RVC Pinterest    Instagram icon - link to RVC Instagram

This message, together with any attachments, is intended for the stated addressee(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal Veterinary College (RVC). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Unless stated expressly in this email, this email does not create, form part of, or vary any contractual or unilateral obligation. Email communication cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Communication with us by email will be taken as acceptance of the risks inherent in doing so.

Re: New Nikon Camera installation

Kurt Thorn
On 12/26/2016 7:30 AM, Ballesteros Mejia, Randy wrote:

Dear Micro Manager team

I Just recently found about Micro-manager andI was hoping to give it a try.

We have on our microscope a Nikon camera DS-Fi3 (this camera uses USB ports). I checked in the list of supported devices but it is not in there, I just was wondering if you knew which other from your list of drivers could control this camera or maybe the previous versions of this Nikon camera (DS-Fi2 or DS-Fi1)

None of the Nikon cameras are supported by Micro-manager. I don't believe they are supported by any software other that Nikon NIS-Elements, so I don't think they will ever be supported in Micro-manager.

Kurt

[...]

Associate Professor
Director, Nikon Imaging Center
http://thornlab.ucsf.edu/