New to MM & Image J

Brian Charles
Good morning,
I am new to using MM & ImageJ and am starting out attempting to
re-create a macro from Image Pro. The programming guide suggests the
following as a quick test:

CMMCore core = new CMMCore();
String info = core.getVersionInfo();
System.out.println(info);

Yet, I receive this error on line 1:

// Error: EvalError: Typed variable declaration : Class: CMMCore not
found in namespace : at Line: 1 : in file: <unknown file> : CMMCore

I have both the MMCoreJ.jar _& MMCoreJ_wrap.dll installed.

I suspect that there is an initial setup issue.

Regards.

Brian Charles
Sr. Laboratory Engineer
Laboratory for Laser Energetics
University of Rochester
585-273-3190

Re: New to MM & Image J

nanthony
Hi Brian,

I'm not sure how you are currently attempting to do this, but if you are running a Beanshell script from micromanager then you will already have an instance of the MMStudio interface as the variable "mm".

In this case you could access the Core using "mm.core()"

Depending on which version of micromanager you use (I recommend 2.0 gamma) you can find documentation here:

Hope that helps,
  Nick

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.sourceforge.net_lists_listinfo_micro-2Dmanager-2Dgeneral&d=DwICAg&c=yHlS04HhBraes5BQ9ueu5zKhE7rtNXt_d012z2PA6ws&r=VOzx3RPoFiAnEjWZNVKllozJBWVHbhKhbit0V1WrFG2kkO7riI9lwQ0usSmhFkzq&m=pvSUzE2G-xYmUy6F8nazEjnYZa8jdlMswmcjpye2IsI&s=MFL38WM5hEDX2oAzpLhjqDzWT83y06CJp5VE1ol5i_A&e=