Nikon D800 trigger using Arduino Shutter

Nikon D800 trigger using Arduino Shutter

aidanmoore
Hi,

I have an Arduino set up as an autoshutter, and I am seeing a very nice active high pulse when I do a Multi-D Z stack in Micromanager.

However, I would like to try and trigger a Nikon D800 camera using the shutter signal.

The problem is the Nikon trigger is active low, so I need to change the polarity of the shutter signal.

Is there an easy way to switch the shutter polarity?

Thanks

Aidan

Re: Nikon D800 trigger using Arduino Shutter

austinb
In arduino set the shutter output pin to be inverted - so instead of digital write high, set it to digital write low.

Or make a state device as shutter in the mm setup tool and invert the arduinos output using on= closed

Grammar and spelling errors courtesy of my iPhone...

Austin Blanco
C: 510.708.2995
Www.Austinblanco.com/blog

On 3/11/17 5:55 AM, aidanmoore wrote:

> I have an Arduino set up as an autoshutter, and I am seeing a very nice
> active high pulse when I do a Multi-D Z stack in Micromanager.
>
> However, I would like to try and trigger a Nikon D800 camera using the
> shutter signal.
>
> The problem is the Nikon trigger is active low, so I need to change the
> polarity of the shutter signal.
>
> Is there an easy way to switch the shutter polarity?

Yes.  The Arduino Hub device has a pre-initialization property called
"Logic".  Set this to "Inverted".  You will need to go into the Hardware
Configuration Wizard, select the Arduino-Hub device and click "Edit".