Nikon D850 camera device support

Christian Bayer
Dear Sirs,
since NKRemoteCamera from Breeze Systems has been stopped end of 2017, I am wondering if it would be possible to provide Nikon DSLR camera support for Micro-Manager by a different software provider like „Control-My-Nikon“ from Tetherscript https://www.tetherscript.com/controlmynikon-home/
It should be possible to run both programs - Micro Manager and ControlMyNikon - with Python.
However, I would prefer a more integrated solution - if there is any.
Best regards,
Christian

Re: Nikon D850 camera device support

Yanfeij
check out this
my experience is taking snapshots are fine, but live view is super slow. It just takes snapshots one after another to make a live view.

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:59 PM, Christian Dr. Bayer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Sirs,
since NKRemoteCamera from Breeze Systems has been stopped end of 2017, I am wondering if it would be possible to provide Nikon DSLR camera support for Micro-Manager by a different software provider like „Control-My-Nikon“ from Tetherscript https://www.tetherscript.com/controlmynikon-home/
It should be possible to run both programs - Micro Manager and ControlMyNikon - with Python.
However, I would prefer a more integrated solution - if there is any.
Best regards,
Christian

Re: Nikon D850 camera device support

Christian Bayer
I checked this already - Nikon D850 is a new camera not supported
Do you have any suggestion to integrate ControlMyNikon into MicroManager?
Thanks!

Am 09.02.2018 um 01:24 schrieb Yanfei Jiang <[hidden email]>:

check out this
my experience is taking snapshots are fine, but live view is super slow. It just takes snapshots one after another to make a live view.

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:59 PM, Christian Dr. Bayer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Sirs,
since NKRemoteCamera from Breeze Systems has been stopped end of 2017, I am wondering if it would be possible to provide Nikon DSLR camera support for Micro-Manager by a different software provider like „Control-My-Nikon“ from Tetherscript https://www.tetherscript.com/controlmynikon-home/
It should be possible to run both programs - Micro Manager and ControlMyNikon - with Python.
However, I would prefer a more integrated solution - if there is any.
Best regards,
Christian

Re: Nikon D850 camera device support

Ian Stakenvicius
You may need to wait until gphoto2 and similar have support for the
D850 ...that said, ControlMyNikon doesn't report that it supports the
D850 either, so maybe gphoto2 will control it after all?

On 2018-02-09 03:54 PM, Yanfei Jiang wrote:

> no, sorry. I have never used controlmynikon
>
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:30 AM, Christian Dr. Bayer
> wrote:
>
>     I checked this already - Nikon D850 is a new camera not supported
>     Do you have any suggestion to integrate ControlMyNikon into
>     MicroManager?
>     Thanks!
>

>>     Am 09.02.2018 um 01:24 schrieb Yanfei Jiang
>>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>
>>     check out this
>>     https://micro-manager.org/wiki/DSLRRemoteCamera
>>     <https://micro-manager.org/wiki/DSLRRemoteCamera>
>>     my experience is taking snapshots are fine, but live view is
>>     super slow. It just takes snapshots one after another to make a
>>     live view.
>>
>>     On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:59 PM, Christian Dr. Bayer
>>     <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         Dear Sirs,
>>         since NKRemoteCamera from Breeze Systems has been stopped
>>         end of 2017, I am wondering if it would be possible to
>>         provide Nikon DSLR camera support for Micro-Manager by a
>>         different software provider like „Control-My-Nikon“ from
>>         Tetherscript https://www.tetherscript.com/controlmynikon-home/
>>         <https://www.tetherscript.com/controlmynikon-home/>
>>         It should be possible to run both programs - Micro Manager
>>         and ControlMyNikon - with Python.
>>         However, I would prefer a more integrated solution - if
>>         there is any.
>>         Best regards,
>>         Christian

Re: Nikon D850 camera device support

Christian Bayer
Thanks, Ian.
ControlMyNikon released a beta version some weeks ago which supports the D850. I will try to control CMN via Python and TCP/IP and MM via Python as well.
And I will keep an eye on gphoto2 - gphoto2 is integrated into Mirco Manager?

> Am 09.02.2018 um 22:00 schrieb Ian Stakenvicius <[hidden email]>:
>
> You may need to wait until gphoto2 and similar have support for the
> D850 ...that said, ControlMyNikon doesn't report that it supports the
> D850 either, so maybe gphoto2 will control it after all?
>

> On 2018-02-09 03:54 PM, Yanfei Jiang wrote:
>> no, sorry. I have never used controlmynikon
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:30 AM, Christian Dr. Bayer
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>    I checked this already - Nikon D850 is a new camera not supported
>>    Do you have any suggestion to integrate ControlMyNikon into
>>    MicroManager?
>>    Thanks!
>>

>>>    Am 09.02.2018 um 01:24 schrieb Yanfei Jiang
>>>    <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>>    check out this
>>>    https://micro-manager.org/wiki/DSLRRemoteCamera
>>>    <https://micro-manager.org/wiki/DSLRRemoteCamera>
>>>    my experience is taking snapshots are fine, but live view is
>>>    super slow. It just takes snapshots one after another to make a
>>>    live view.
>>>
>>>    On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:59 PM, Christian Dr. Bayer
>>>    <[hidden email]
>>>    <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>        Dear Sirs,
>>>        since NKRemoteCamera from Breeze Systems has been stopped
>>>        end of 2017, I am wondering if it would be possible to
>>>        provide Nikon DSLR camera support for Micro-Manager by a
>>>        different software provider like „Control-My-Nikon“ from
>>>        Tetherscript https://www.tetherscript.com/controlmynikon-home/
>>>        <https://www.tetherscript.com/controlmynikon-home/>
>>>        It should be possible to run both programs - Micro Manager
>>>        and ControlMyNikon - with Python.
>>>        However, I would prefer a more integrated solution - if
>>>        there is any.
>>>        Best regards,
>>>        Christian

Re: Nikon D850 camera device support

Ian Stakenvicius
There is a driver for gphoto2 in MicroManager-1.4.x yes; I had quite a
bit of success with it when using it with a D60 a couple of years ago.
 I don't know enough about newer MicroManager to say what its status
is there.