Nikon RFA and micromanager

Massimiliano Baldassarre
Hi,

In the Lab we are buying a new microscope system and I would like to
know if it is possible to control it by µManager.
Essentially is a Nikon TI with (only) the Epi-filters turret motorized
plus a Nikon Remote Fucus Attachment, two shutters and a ProScan
motorized stage. For the camera, it depends how much we can save on
the software, but I'm oriented to a QImaging one.
My understanding is that there should not be any problem with shutters
and stages, what is not clear to me is if I can control the turret and
the Z since they are not on a Motorized Nikon-TI but added to the
normal TI.

Thanks a lot

Max

Re: Nikon RFA and micromanager

Hoover, Karl
Hi Max,

The µManager Nikon Ti device adapter supports the following devices:

Nikon TI microscope
Condenser
Objective Turret
FilterBlock 1
FilterBlock 2
LightPath
Z-Stage
XY-Stage
PFS Offset
PFS Status
TIRF
Epi Shutter
Dia Shutter
Aux Shutter
Dia Lamp
Excitation Filter Wheel
Barrier Filter Wheel
Analyzer

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

Re: Nikon RFA and micromanager

Kurt Thorn
We have used Micro-manager to run a Nikon RFA (on a manual TE2000) with
no problem, so that should work fine.

Kurt