Nikon TE2000 and Uniblitz Shutter Controller

Nikon TE2000 and Uniblitz Shutter Controller

Cori Anderson

Hi everyone,

I am working to configure micromanager to run a Nikon Eclipse TE2000-E that is equipped with two shutters (one transmitted, one fluorescence) and a Uniblitz VMM-D3 shutter controller.  I am currently experiencing issues getting micromanager to properly control the shutters.

In brief, I have loaded the scope into the configuration including the peripheral for the Uniblitz shutter.  In addition, per instructions found online, I have added two Vincent D3/D4 devices to the configuration, one for each shutter.  When the configuration loads, both shutters open but I am unable to close them either through the micromanager GUI or through the device property browser.  Further, if I manually close the shutters, any command (open or close) re-opens the shutters.

Any advice on how to alter the configuration to properly control the shutters would be appreciated.

Thanks!

____________________________________

Cori Anderson, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Biology, Concordia College

ISC 217

901 8th St. South

Moorhead, MN 56562

218-299-4996

Re: Nikon TE2000 and Uniblitz Shutter Controller

AustinBlanco
I’d confirm the serial settings on the back of the uniblitz. It has a dial to turn which configures one of several modes.

Austin Blanco
Advanced Research Consulting Corporation
e. [hidden email]
w. www.advancedresearch.co
c. 510.708.2995

On May 29, 2018, at 9:08 AM, Cori Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have checked the RS-232C address and that is correct.  Is this what you were referring to as the serial settings?   From speaking with associates at Vincent, it appears the issue is in the codes that are being sent to the controller to open and close the shutters.  The open command is being received but not the close command.

In further troubleshooting, I have played around with adding two Uniblitz-Shutters through the TE2000 in addition to the two Vincent-D3-Controllers.  This has not resolved the issue.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

From: Austin <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 11:35 AM
To: Micro-Manager General <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [micro-manager-general] Nikon TE2000 and Uniblitz Shutter Controller

[...]

***CAUTION: This email originated from an outside source. DO NOT CLICK LINKS OR OPEN ATTACHMENTS UNLESS YOU KNOW THEY ARE SAFE.***