Nikon TI2 on 64 bit MicroManager

nanthony
Hello All,

I've had a difficult time getting the Nikon TI2 working with Micromanager
and just wanted to see if my experience is consistent with what others have
experienced or if I just made a mistake somewhere.

I am running MM2.0 Gamma 64 bit and wanting to use a Nikon TI2 microscope.
I initially tried using the Ti2_Mic_Driver.dll that was preinstalled by
Nikon (version 2.2) but found that while the NikonTI2 module loaded
correctly, Micromanager experienced a hard crash when it first tried to
initialize the TI2 nosepiece device adapter.

I followed the advice here: https://micro-manager.org/wiki/NikonTi2 and
installed version 1.1.0 of the Nikon TI2 SDK. However even though I had the
correct version of Ti2_Mic_Driver.dll in my install directory I found that
MicroManager failed to load the TI2 module.

I'm not sure but I think that both 64 and 32 bit versions of the v1.1 SDK
actually install a 32bit version of the DLL. I uninstalled my 64 bit
MicroManager and replaced it with a 32bit installation and now I am able to
successfully add the TI2 to my configuration.

Have other users of the TI2 found that they need to use an old version of
the SDK and a 32 bit installation of Micromanager or did I just do something
wrong? Are there any plans to update the TI2 adapter to work with recent
versions of the SDK? I'm assuming that some improvements have been made  to
the SDK in the last two years.

Thanks,
  Nick

Re: Nikon TI2 on 64 bit MicroManager

nanthony
Update: It appears that I was able to get 64 bit micromanager working with
the TI2 by using the TI2_Mic_Driver.dll from the 64bit installer of TI2
Control version 1.2 rather than version 1.1

This is great since 32 bit micromanager seems to struggle with Hamamatsu
cameras.

--Nick