Nikon Ti Eclipse shutters not responding

Nikon Ti Eclipse shutters not responding

JB Lugagne
Hi,

this is probably trivial, but I can't get my Nikon Ti eclipse shutters to
work properly. I just installed MM and have been using this microscope with
NIS-elements for a while now. I have one Dia shutter and one Epi shutter
connected through the Ti Hub. Everything else seems to work fine.

But the shutters don't really respond. When I try to trigger them manually
through the device property browser, they don't really change state and stay
on 0. Except for the first time I use the Dia shutter: Trans light does turn
on, but the state in GUI stays on "0". And when I try to set it back to 0,
it stays in its "0" value, but doesn't turn the lamp off. The only way for
me to turn it off is to launch NIS-Elements, turn it off through there, and
come back to MM.

I must be completely missing something

Here some possibly relevant information:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
NIS-Elements version: 4.13.05
MicroManager version: 64bit_2.0.0-gamma1_20190114 (Nightly)
TIScope driver version: micusb.sys 3.0.1.9
TIScope driver version: Ti-E V4.00
TIScope Software version: 4.4.1.728

And here is the problem report generated by MM while I'm going through the
process described above:
https://pastebin.com/N6q4yQ0i <https://pastebin.com/N6q4yQ0i>

Re: Nikon Ti Eclipse shutters not responding

JB Lugagne
For future reference, I have found the source of my problem, see here:

http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Shutter-timeout-with-Nikon-Eclipse-Ti-td7468630.html
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Shutter-timeout-with-Nikon-Eclipse-Ti-td7468630.html>

Bascially, my shutters don't have a TTL out line, and micromanager is just
waiting for that signal back. (Even if I set a delay on the shutters in
order to ignore that report, which is weird).

Unless someone has a suggestion I guess I'll have to put an arduino to fake
a TTL out signal.