Nikon Ti2

ponjavic
Hi,

Does anyone have working drivers for the Nikon Ti2 microscope?

Many thanks,
Aleks

Re: Nikon Ti2

Sam Lord
I've heard it's close to ready, but I haven't heard exactly when it will be
released. :(

Re: Nikon Ti2

nathalieqbb@gmail.com
We got a file from Fabrice (see previous list) but have not tried them yet. The micromanager mailing block that file so I am sending it to you directly. Let us know if they work.
Nathalie.

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 7:30 PM, Sam Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've heard it's close to ready, but I haven't heard exactly when it will be
released. :(

Prof. Nathalie Q. Balaban

Racah Institute of Physics

The Hebrew University

Jerusalem, 91904, Israel

Phone: +972-2-6585400 ; Fax: +972-2-6585474

Lab website: http://bio-site.phys.huji.ac.il/

Re: Nikon Ti2

Mark Tsuchida-3
Sorry guys for the long delay.

Nikon Ti2 is now in the repo (closed source, unfortunately, for the same reason as Ti).

The build server is down at the moment, so we'll need to fix that before it appears in the nightly builds. I'll announce in a separate email when it is actually available. (Or I'll have binaries separately downloadable if it takes us more than a day to fix the build server.)

Best,
Mark

Re: Nikon Ti2

nathalieqbb@gmail.com
Hi Mark,

That's great news. Just to clarify: are those the same as the drivers that we got from photometrics? It would be good to be sure that we are all using the same to enable better debugging.
Thanks,
Nathalie

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 1:44 AM, Mark Tsuchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry guys for the long delay.

Nikon Ti2 is now in the repo (closed source, unfortunately, for the same reason as Ti).

The build server is down at the moment, so we'll need to fix that before it appears in the nightly builds. I'll announce in a separate email when it is actually available. (Or I'll have binaries separately downloadable if it takes us more than a day to fix the build server.)

Best,
Mark

Prof. Nathalie Q. Balaban

Racah Institute of Physics

The Hebrew University

Jerusalem, 91904, Israel

Phone: +972-2-6585400 ; Fax: +972-2-6585474

Lab website: http://bio-site.phys.huji.ac.il/

Re: Nikon Ti2

oftakofta
Great! I am currently playing around with the adapter and everything seems to work like a charm (when supplied with the Ti2_Mic_Driver.dll). However, the read-only property of IntermediateMagnification-Magnification (tube lens) does not show up when defining a new Calibration group. I have tried hard-coding it by manually editing the config file, but it does not seem to work, or am I missing something obvious? A workaround is to add a dummy demo variable that represents the magnification setting, but then one will have to trust the users to remember to set it to the correct position, which is very hard to remember, even for me at times.

Again, great work! And if you don't have time to address this issue, i'd be glad to help out, although my knowledge of the inner workings of MicroManger is currently limited to trying to write my own Ti2 device adapter.

Dr. Jens Eriksson, manager

Sellin Imaging Platform

Dep. Medical Biohecmistry and Microbiology

Uppsala University

Sweden

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 5:40 PM Nathalie Qb <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Phone: <a href="tel:+972%202-658-5400" value="+97226585400" target="_blank">+972-2-6585400 ; Fax: <a href="tel:+972%202-658-5474" value="+97226585474" target="_blank">+972-2-6585474

Lab website: http://bio-site.phys.huji.ac.il/

Re: Nikon Ti2

Matt J. Renshaw
> Great! I am currently playing around with the adapter and everything seems to work like a charm (when supplied with
> the Ti2_Mic_Driver.dll). However, the read-only property of IntermediateMagnification-Magnification (tube lens) does
> not show up when defining a new Calibration group. I have tried hard-coding it by manually editing the config file, but it
> does not seem to work, or am I missing something obvious? A workaround is to add a dummy demo variable that
> represents the magnification setting, but then one will have to trust the users to remember to set it to the correct
> position, which is very hard to remember, even for me at times.

The calibration automatically adjusts when you switch to 1.5x, like binning.
Sometimes you need to snap or refresh GUI to update.

However, I've noticed that with 1.5x intermediate mag the Slide Explorer plugin doesn't detect the change in pixel size, but this is also the case for binning so I guess it's on the plug-in side.

Also, the Ti2 driver doesn't seem to include the Ti Assist camera. Any plans to add this in Mark?

Best,
Matt

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 1 Midland Road London NW1 1AT

Re: Nikon Ti2

oftakofta
Aaah, so obvious! Thanks for the input!

/J

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 1:35 PM Matt J. Renshaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great! I am currently playing around with the adapter and everything seems to work like a charm (when supplied with
> the Ti2_Mic_Driver.dll). However, the read-only property of IntermediateMagnification-Magnification (tube lens) does
> not show up when defining a new Calibration group. I have tried hard-coding it by manually editing the config file, but it
> does not seem to work, or am I missing something obvious? A workaround is to add a dummy demo variable that
> represents the magnification setting, but then one will have to trust the users to remember to set it to the correct
> position, which is very hard to remember, even for me at times.

The calibration automatically adjusts when you switch to 1.5x, like binning.
Sometimes you need to snap or refresh GUI to update.

However, I've noticed that with 1.5x intermediate mag the Slide Explorer plugin doesn't detect the change in pixel size, but this is also the case for binning so I guess it's on the plug-in side.

Also, the Ti2 driver doesn't seem to include the Ti Assist camera. Any plans to add this in Mark?

Best,
Matt

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 1 Midland Road London NW1 1AT

Re: Nikon Ti2

Hi Matt,

On 2/27/18 4:34 AM, Matt J. Renshaw wrote:
> The calibration automatically adjusts when you switch to 1.5x, like binning.
> Sometimes you need to snap or refresh GUI to update.
>
> However, I've noticed that with 1.5x intermediate mag the Slide Explorer plugin doesn't detect the change in pixel size, but this is also the case for binning so I guess it's on the plug-in side.

I fixed this for binning in the gamma/beta4 branch, but will check for
the effect of a magnifier device (thanks for pointing that out!).

Re: Nikon Ti2

Nico Stuurman-2

On 2/27/18 2:11 PM, Nico Stuurman wrote:

> On 2/27/18 4:34 AM, Matt J. Renshaw wrote:
>> The calibration automatically adjusts when you switch to 1.5x, like
>> binning.
>> Sometimes you need to snap or refresh GUI to update.
>>
>> However, I've noticed that with 1.5x intermediate mag the Slide
>> Explorer plugin doesn't detect the change in pixel size, but this is
>> also the case for binning so I guess it's on the plug-in side.
>
> I fixed this for binning in the gamma/beta4 branch, but will check for
> the effect of a magnifier device (thanks for pointing that out!).

Just checked, the new code does correct for magnifier devices as well.
This code is in the gamma build
(https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/2.0.0-gamma/), however,
that build likely does not have the Ti2 adapter yet.  A beta4 that
includes everything is being worked on.