Nikon phot activation unit

Sebastian Poggio
Hi,

I am new to microManager and I would like to know if it is possible to control the Nikon photo activation unit installed on a Nikon Ti-U microscope. It seems that the TIRF unit is supported but I do not know if the PAU will also be recognized. I still have not buyed the scope so I can not test it my self,  any imput on how hard it would be to configure this system or hardware suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sebastian

Re: Nikon phot activation unit

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
<base href="x-msg://1439/">Hi Sebastian,

I am new to microManager and I would like to know if it is possible to control the Nikon photo activation unit installed on a Nikon Ti-U microscope. It seems that the TIRF unit is supported but I do not know if the PAU will also be recognized.

We have not yet seen the combination TIRF/PAU in the wild, so we can not assure you this will work.  However, Nikon TI support is provided through a SDK that includes a hardware emulator, so we can code any missing components without having access to the hardware and have you test it on the hardware proper.

I still have not buyed the scope so I can not test it my self,  any imput on how hard it would be to configure this system or hardware suggestions would be appreciated.

If you go this route, we'll make sure it works for you (with your help).