Nikon te2000

SPADACCINO Antonio

Dear All @ sourceforge,

I am trying to put micromanager to my nikon te2000 and I keep on having the message "check if the microscope is connected".
The microscope is connected and the cable works because it was previously connected to a mac. The swapping with a pc is giving me all this problems. I no longer have the mac and need to make it work quite quickly. What do I need to do? Checked the com1 port and is working (cable is fine)

Thanks A

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Re: Nikon te2000

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
> I am trying to put micromanager to my nikon te2000 and I keep on having the message "check if the microscope is connected".
> The microscope is connected and the cable works because it was previously connected to a mac. The swapping with a pc is giving me all this problems. I no longer have the mac and need to make it work quite quickly. What do I need to do? Checked the com1 port and is working (cable is fine)

How did you check the COM1 port?

It sounds like Micro-Manager is not getting an answer from the microscope.  Be absolutely sure that you selected the correct COM port and that the serial port settings are correct (regretfully, the TE2000 adapter does not support port scanning).

If things still do not work, use one of the applications for communication testing ( http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/MMwiki/index.php/Free_third-party_tools_for_testing_communications_with_hardware ).  Typing the command "VER" should elicit a response.  If it does, be sure to try the serial port settings one more time in Micro-Manager.  If it still fails to communicate, please send a Trouble Report (Help->Report a problem).