Olympusbx61 Prior proscan xy stage

Bill Chaudhry
Dear Nico

I have an Olympus BX61 with BX-UCB controller box. With this I have a Prior Proscan with motorised stage - this is the H101A model so it is quite old.
I try to create a config file using the wizard but get error 17 and error22 when defining com ports. I have read about the coms not being freed so have tried permutations of rebooting the Dell computer running XP SP3.
I can make the prior stage run with hyperterminal and the BX-UCB controller works with its direct keypad.

What are the errors?
How do I get this hardware to run under MicroManager?

Thanks

Bill

Re: Olympusbx61 Prior proscan xy stage

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Bill,

> I have an Olympus BX61 with BX-UCB controller box. With this I have
> a Prior Proscan with motorised stage - this is the H101A model so it
> is quite old.

That H101A is controlled by a ProScanII controller, so it should work.

> I try to create a config file using the wizard but get error 17 and
> error22 when defining com ports.

What do you mean with "defining COM ports"?  In which step of the
Hardware Configuration Wizard do you get these errors?

> What are the errors?

Error 17 means: "Invalid Label".  I have never seen this error occur
with the Hardware Configuration Wizard.

> How do I get this hardware to run under MicroManager?

Can you specify exactly what you are doing to elicit these errors?  If
they are reproducible, I will also need the file Corelog.txt (after
putting Micro-Manager in debug mode, see FAQ), and the configuration
file (which you can always save by exiting the wizard by closing its
window - you will be prompt to save the configuration).  You might
want to send those off-list.